22:09

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > News and General Discussion > Railway News from around the World

Steam Gala at Shildon,20-21st September

Old 12th September 2008, 14:59

Steam Gala at Shildon,20-21st September

As part of the 40th anniversary memorials to the end of steam NRM's outshed at Shildon will be hosting its own Steam Gala featuring steam locos Duke of Gloucester,Green Arrow,Eustace Forth, Furness No. 20 and one of the oldest steam engines in preservation Bellepheron. There will also be vintage traction engines as well as a fair ground organ. Free admission and parking. I quite like Shildon. Its nearby and is easy to get by train or bus.
http://www.locomotion.uk.com

Old 12th September 2008, 16:10

I'd come up, but I've already made plans to visit the Severn valley and the Middleton on that weekend, sorry.
Old 12th September 2008, 22:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavorossi View Post
I'd come up, but I've already made plans to visit the Severn valley and the Middleton on that weekend, sorry.
Oh i havent been to the Severn Valley in years!(I used to live in wolverhampton, not too far from Bridgnorth)
Old 20th September 2008, 23:21

A great day out!

Had a brilliant time there today. They have a short line for running groups of people back and forth and we went down on a loco called The Furness then after a walk around came back and it was the Bellepheron! The Furness was pushing so I got a good view of the steaming and smoking chimney,great under a bridge!
Then later came the highlight of the day,the running out of the Duke of Gloucester,what a fantastic sight! I got pics of her(one in the gallery) as well as videos to upload. A great day had by all!