21:23

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > Members Area > Say Hello

Hello All from DeeMersey

Old 19th August 2008, 23:32

Smile Hello All from DeeMersey

Hello Folks!

I'm frankly surprised at myself for not finding this forum before! I look forward to exploring the site and enjoying all things rail in your company.

As you can guess from my username, I'm based in the North West of England and have a particular interest in rail activity near my hometown (clue: a quaint fishing village on the Mersey full of rose-covered cottages, genteel locals, and
Quote:
No Everton Stadium
thank you).

I'll be interested to hear about rail expansion on or near Merseyside, and I look forward to seeing everyone's rail pics - I'm an awful photographer but I hope to post a few of my better efforts here.

Take care all,

DeeMersey

Old 19th August 2008, 23:43

Welcome to the forum DeeMersey.I've not been on here very long either but it's a great place to be for railway enthusiasts,whatever your tastes.
I'm guessing you are from the Wirral?

Not an Everton supporter then?
Old 20th August 2008, 00:05

Hello!

A very good evening (well, morning!) to you Sir. Also burning the midnight oil, I see!

Nope, I'm from Kirkby (spot the sarky depiction ), although I do volunteer at the Wirral Transport Museum, so buses and trams are just as much of an interest to me. My username reflects the wider geographic rail area I enjoy, although I'd probably end up including North Wales and Lancs/Greater Manchester if I had the time.

I am indeed of the Red persuasion, but frankly I would have objected to Anfield moving here as well - we're just too small a town to cope.

On the subject of stadia, and without getting too off-rail-topic, I was amused to see that until recently the electronic destination displays at Manchester Piccadilly described journeys to Old Trafford as "Manchester FC". I'm led to understand this caused fury amongst City fans and I believe it now reads "Man Utd Stadium" or similar. Funny old game, isn't it?

I'll have to sign off here as I'm on early shift, but I'm delighted to be welcomed here and I hope to enjoy many hours of posting and browsing.

Best regards,

DeeMersey.
Old 20th August 2008, 08:08

Many welcomes to the forum from one of the many Mancunians on here, look forward to seeing some photos in the gallery.

Quote:
I was amused to see that until recently the electronic destination displays at Manchester Piccadilly described journeys to Old Trafford as "Manchester FC". I'm led to understand this caused fury amongst City fans and I believe it now reads "Man Utd Stadium" or similar. Funny old game, isn't it?
xD Seriously? That's fantasticly hilarious.
Old 20th August 2008, 10:04

Hello and welcome to the forum DeeMersey.
Old 20th August 2008, 19:01
Station Manager

Hi DeeMersey and welcome to the forum. I dont support any football team as my game is rugby (I'm from Africa), but I had to laugh at the comment about "Man Utd Stadium".
I think you will find that most of us came across this site just by surfing the net. Hope you enjoy it. As for being a 'awful photographer' well we don't care as long as we can see the photos.
Old 20th August 2008, 19:33
Station Manager

Hello and welcome,hope you enjoy your time on the forum.

All the best,Ian
Old 21st August 2008, 00:54

Its very nice indeed to be here!

A very warm Hello to you all!

I am or have been on several forums (forii? ) before, of both transport and music (my other major interest, which I won't bore you with here) themes, but I've never had such a swift and warm welcome by so many people. Thank you all very much indeed!

Since you're all keen to see my pics I'll have a go at posting a few. The only decent rail pics I have at present are of stations, but they may be of interest to some, and might even provoke a debate.

To clarify for Deathbyteacup; yes, I distinctly remember seeing "Manchester FC" on the electronic displays for Manchester Utd Football Ground (as I believe the single platform station is officially named) on the upper concourse for Platforms 13 & 14 at Manchester Piccadilly, on several occasions. I'm sure I've seen it changed since, so I can only assume that the City fans had made their point, though I suspect it was an innocent mistake.

I'll sign off for now as my clunky dial-up connection is threatening to burst into tears and run home to its motherboard, but I'll post my pics in the next few days (Mathew Street Festival work allowing).

Take care All,

DeeMersey.
Old 21st August 2008, 09:18

Welcome DeeMersey

Well done for making it past that today!
Old 21st August 2008, 09:56

Welcome to the Forum DeeMersey, hope you enjoy the content,
Regards

www.chasewaterrailway.co.uk