16:45

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > General Railway Discussion > Passenger Operations and Observations

How often do you travel by train?

View Poll Results: How often do you travel by train?
I am a regular commuter. 8 17.78%
At least once a week. 7 15.56%
At least once a month. 17 37.78%
At least once a year. 7 15.56%
Never. 6 13.33%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30th April 2009, 12:34

I use the train quite a lot. I use southwest trains to Putney and London Waterloo on the Windsor and Eaton Riverside line. Its a much nicer journey than the tube from Hatton Cross into central London. The price during the week even off peak is fairly eye watering. However the price is reduced during the weekend with my Network rail card. The service is ok and the rolling stock good.I wish you could pay for your fares using the Oyster pay as you go card. I have moved away from air travel when I go up to Glasgow.You can get great deals on advanced tickets during the weekend and travel first class for quite a good price. Nothing better than sitting back in your seat and watching the world go by. Plus you have not got to deal with all the rubbish you have to deal with when you travel by air these days.

Old 1st May 2009, 00:13

I have no set pattern but then I have retired and get Free boxes with 12 still to use from last years allocation and will be using them this month as I have to visit Cambridge a few times and possibly more.
Old 1st May 2009, 15:35

I dont travel by train

I am now one of the lucky ones who have retired with a decent pension.
But I have to say that when I was working, until 12 months ago I used to travel by train. In this country that was hard work with trains that dont run or not on time etc, etc.
But I also used the trains in Holland and Germany, they were brilliant, nice and clean, always on time and the staff were always polite.
I once used the Ice train and that was superb.
Now I just watch them hurtle by.

Thanks