21:43

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > General Railway Discussion > Passenger Operations and Observations

National Express Or National Joke

Closed Thread

Old 9th April 2009, 21:42
berwickspotter

National Express Or National Joke

Today i went from berwck-upon-tweed to newcastle central return
and got hit with £ 20.50p for my ticket the train was very busy so i never got my seat. once i arrived at newcastle i had a bit time to do a bit spotting
and also to notice how CRAP national express uniforms are they have not even got a logo on there cap badge. so once i had finished my visit and also
my spotting which was fun 66s and 66s and 66s and more bloody 66s
it was time to head home on the 15:59 which was on time and brilliant
i got a seat this time. but once i was home the penny dropped i never
once got my ticket checked on the trip for both ways

so come on national express get your act together
change your livery on your trains because thats a disgrace
and please design a better uniform for your staff
not to mention get them to do there job or should i not buy a ticket next time

becasue from what i seen today was not good
GNER was 100% better

Old 10th April 2009, 09:48

I don't think this is fair for a number of reasons.

Firstly the National Express livery is down to personal taste. I for one think it looks quite good.

The next is that, of course, lack of seats is not something that is mutually exclusive to NXEC and you'll find every train is full during the daytime, certainly during the peak commuter hours, and this has always been this way right back through to when rail first began.

You also can't really blame your train operating company for the lack of interesting freight movement through one of their stations, either, otherwise I'd have sued Northern Rail for unreasonable ammounts of compensation by now because not enough Class 47's come through.

I think the uniform goes back to the livery thing. I don't like these new airline style uniforms either but, it does not really reflect their level of service and I don't think it's something that I'd let ruin my day, infact it wouldn't normally cross my mind at all, certainly I wouldn't rate a TOC by a lack of cap badge.

As for not checking your ticket, well, sometimes this happens, and it is fustrating, but of course during peak times when the corridors are full and time between stations is small, it's not practical to check the tickets. It is possible there where other situations more pressing perhaps of a technical nature or otherwise keeping the guard's attention in this case.

Either way, I'd give them the benefit of the doubt.
Old 10th April 2009, 14:25
SOUTHEASTERN-465

Angry i h8 bus companys!

BRING back the good GNER,i dont usually swear but im getting rather annoyed with NXEC,why dont they just piss and do what they do best coaches,not trains,and whats getting on my nerves more now is bus companys are taking over many companys like southeastern,for exsample,govia is part of the go-ahead group which runs with BOC metro-bus,and what you see is what you get on trains run by bus companys,southeasterns class 465s are filthy if you lift up the seat full of shit and grime,which you would get on a bus.thats not the only thing you get with all bus operated tocs the livery,staff,there all cheapskates who spend more on buses than trains and there buses aint much better!and as ive always said bus companys stick to bus comapnys and train companys stick to train company simple as that!
SouthEastern-465,and if anyone wondering what BOC is its bus operating comany
_________________________________________-
Network-SouthEast 'old,late,and,dirty' the good days of the southern!

Last edited by SOUTHEASTERN-465; 10th April 2009 at 14:38.
Old 10th April 2009, 14:27
SOUTHEASTERN-465

Angry

and i forgot to mension,lack of seats,rude staff(not drivers of coarse)crowded trains,not enough trains to hold the capicity,and a short trip to bromley north £3.50 for a train that only stops at 2 sations and i would say is only just under a mile,its just dreadful,and the same is on NXEC,the only thing that is good about my station is some rather diffrent freight not just the class 66,sometime you get class 37s on a serco test train!

Last edited by SOUTHEASTERN-465; 10th April 2009 at 14:35.
Old 10th April 2009, 16:15
berwickspotter

REPLY BACK TO DEATHBYTEACUP

First of all i was not blaming national express fo the freight movment
if you read it again i think you will find that. the point i was trying
to make was the freight that i seen was as good as NXEC BORING.
As fo the livery well all i can say is if national express could put there
buses on rails thay would.
Now on to the train logo or TOC all i can say is i dont share your view
it is very bad when a company cant be bothered to design a logo
just look at EWS or DRS even thay have a company logo and there a freight
company
Old 10th April 2009, 16:16

Over the past 2 years of commuting daily (usually London Midland or Virgin), the likelihood of getting your ticket checked is in inverse relationship to how crowded the train is ! i.e. the more crowded the train, the less likely the conductor is to come round and check tickets. [ and I virtually never travel on trains which are too crowded for sensibly attempt ticket collection ]
Old 10th April 2009, 16:17
SOUTHEASTERN-465

Question

do you agree with me berwick?
Old 10th April 2009, 16:21
Station Manager

Gents can i just remind you all that younger members may be reading these posts.

DO NOT SWEAR ON THESE POST PLEASE
it is not called for and there is no need for it

Thank you.
Old 10th April 2009, 16:25
berwickspotter

Who Is Swearing ?
Old 10th April 2009, 16:26
SOUTHEASTERN-465

i know but the sheer anger kicks in with NXEC ian!and can i just say ian,its me not berwick

Last edited by SOUTHEASTERN-465; 10th April 2009 at 16:30.
Closed Thread