12:10

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > General Railway Discussion > Passenger Operations and Observations

EMT Liveries

Old 11th January 2009, 11:07

EMT Liveries

Hi All,

Just a new years grumph regarding the bought in 158 stock being utilised by EMT on their east midlands branch lines. I have seen a South West liveried train unit at Grantham on Friday and at Sleaford where I live, the 158 stock has many different liveries depending on where they have sourced the stock. You would think that nearly 12 months? after taking over the routes from Cross Country they would have instigated a programme of livery changes to reflect the new ownership. Very bad PR!

thebobby

Old 11th January 2009, 13:31

On the other side of their operations, they have got through all 222s I beleive, and the HST fleet are ever changing, keeping those St Pancras chums happy then . The worst has got to be Northern rail, just scattered FNW, ATN and any other types all over the place, still after over 3 years in operation!

I just can;t help but think was there any point in all of these expensive livery changes as a reslt of franchise movements, at the end of the day, its the passengers (paying the extra 7%) being forced to pay for all of these corporate livery changes as a result of the DfT TOC SWAP!

Last edited by martin adamson; 11th January 2009 at 13:34.
Old 11th January 2009, 20:47

Need Henry Ford to supervise these livery changes,
Any colour as long as it is black.
john (G)
Old 11th January 2009, 20:50
Station Manager

Remember seeing one of the GWR Paniers with condensing apparatus at Paddington still with GWR on its tanks in the early 1960's!
Old 11th January 2009, 23:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobby View Post
Hi All,

Just a new years grumph regarding the bought in 158 stock being utilised by EMT on their east midlands branch lines. I have seen a South West liveried train unit at Grantham on Friday and at Sleaford where I live, the 158 stock has many different liveries depending on where they have sourced the stock. You would think that nearly 12 months? after taking over the routes from Cross Country they would have instigated a programme of livery changes to reflect the new ownership. Very bad PR!

thebobby
I did start taking photos from a page on my website called "what colour is your East Midlands Train" today. It was going to consist of photos taken at Crewe of 158s on the Derby service. But I've had to abandon it, as we only get bubble cars on that route these days !
Old 10th February 2009, 14:26

EMT sem to be concentrating on re-painting 153s at present which i must admit they look very smart indeed and painted in the right way ie..The Swoops at both ends the only thing is that the East Midlands Trains name Branding should have been in the middle.
Old 10th February 2009, 17:25

The 158's in SWt trains Livery are oh hire. (Im pretty sure) as SWT is EMT's sister company

Dan
Old 10th February 2009, 20:30

158881 and 158882 are indeed on a sub-lease of some variety to East Midlands Trains. Jolly nice they are too, that refurbishment was a good 'un. Not been on EMT's refurb to find out what they're like, but the photos of it make it look uncomfortable.
Old 10th February 2009, 23:10

my East Midlands train last friday (Crewe - Kidsgrove) was in Wessex Trains livery - it's been a LONG time since they existed !
Old 11th February 2009, 16:05

That'll be 863, 864 or 865 then IIRC. One of those might be with FSR, can't quite remember what I wrote in my notebook of my observations at Manchester Piccadilly on 24th January 2009!

Too right though, it's been many, many moons since Wessex Trains were plunged into the depths of history. It's interesting to ponder upon whether the improvements under FGW Local we see today would have been implemented under Wessex Trains, but that's an entirely different topic!

Well done on getting a Wessex Trains liveried 158, I miss seeing them down this way