00:56

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > General Railway Discussion > Passenger Operations and Observations

FCC first class 377

Old 14th February 2009, 22:32

FCC first class 377

Yup, 377501 was out and about today in the Croydon area, attached to back of a Southern 8 car 377 set. It's on Bombardier acceptance trials.

Livery is a rather pleasant dark blue with pink doors, though I expect that ultimtely FCC will put that awful wavey pink line down the side and overdo it.

Old 16th February 2009, 00:00

That livery will end up in the manner you describe, it's a standard livery these days.

Good to hear these have finally started testing though! Out of all the EMUs, I like the 377s. Not sure why, but they are pretty much tied with 444s.
Old 18th February 2009, 20:29

I think I saw this at Milton Keynes in the early hours of Tuesday morning. I was working the 03.30 so wasn't at my sharpest. I think it was coupled to a southern liveried unit.
Old 2nd April 2009, 15:42
SOUTHEASTERN-465

Smile south-central 377s

ive heard that one of the fcc 377s has had somthing with
its axle's and bombardier is keeping them all in until all there all checked over,so neighbouring southern have to lend class 377/2s to fcc until all 15 of fcc's 377/5s are put into service,and for each 377/5 which is delivered a southern 377/2 on loan is give back,
calum mclean 14
Old 2nd April 2009, 19:25

The big problem has been that due to the recession, some of Bombardier's subcontractors have been unable to provide the sub-systems required for the 377/5s. So only a handful had been delivered in time for the start of the new service on March 22nd.

Since the 377/5s weren't ready, an even more complicated cascade than the one planned was arranged. Southern (which owns the 377/5s anyway and is due to sublease them to FCC) subleased its own green 377s for the duration of the shortfall, and London Midland is leasing 350s to Southern to do the work of the missing green 377s.

As the 377/5 s ranks swell (and it's hoped that one 377/5 will be delivered per week), the green 377s will return to Southern, and LM will get its 350s back.

Phew