12:25

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > Diesel & Electric > Diesel & Electric Discussion

365517 comes to town

Old 9th February 2014, 18:30

365517 comes to town

The class 365s are having a refurb, which consists mostly of putting in bright LED lights instead of tubes, swapping the worn out carpet for vinyls, and changing the seat covers.

And there are new 'ghost' vinyls on the exterior in preparation for the new franchise.

It's a stark sort of blue and white theme.

365517 was the first unit to get treated, and it came to King's Lynn the other day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 517 exterior.jpg (69.8 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 517 saloon.jpg (75.6 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 517 First Class.jpg (92.1 KB, 14 views)

Old 10th February 2014, 22:55

Let's just hope passengers keep their feet/shoes OFF the seats. Very nice job done, and look forward to travelling on one when I next visit Lynn in the next three weeks.

When I was a Guard at Lynn, one woman wearing a white skirt, had her shoes on the seat opposite, then complained because she had got her skirt dirty from another seat, so I Very politely replied: "Well Madam, IF passenger kept their feet on the floor, seats wouldn't get so dirty!" Seconds later, Her feet were on the floor.
Old 11th February 2014, 09:04

Its an offence to have your feet on the seats on a Merseyrail train. There was some publicity years ago when the courts threw a case out, but its still enforced with posters in the carriages and guards politely telling people to get their shoes off the seat. Most of us who use the trains agree with the by-law.

Tags
365517, led, refurbishment