13:25

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > Members Area > Say Hello

etired on30

Old 3rd May 2012, 10:59
Station Manager

Try EDM Models as they import from the USA.

Best wishes,

John H-T.

Belper Model Railway Group.
Old 3rd May 2012, 11:23
Station Manager

You may have to get figures from the USA. Try these:

http://www.locopainter.com/store/category.php?id=38

http://www.caboosehobbies.com/catalo...?cPath=240_245

Best wishes,

John H-T
Old 3rd May 2012, 21:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by John H-T View Post
You may have to get figures from the USA. Try these:

http://www.locopainter.com/store/category.php?id=38

http://www.caboosehobbies.com/catalo...?cPath=240_245

Best wishes,

John H-T
Thanks all once again ....I have just purchased a Bachmann 4 4 0 0n30 loco and looked on youtube and saw one working on a static display ie wheels turning going nowhere .Could someone tell me please where I can get these rail riders (If thats what there called ) from as I have no layout just a Diorama.......Sorry to keep picking your brains.Also on how many wheels do I put them ??But it looks like a good way of seeing locos in action
Old 3rd May 2012, 21:47

I have bought a couple of ON30 locos and Peco on30 track....I see that locos are quite small compared with 0 gauge .Now I know that UK Scale is slightly different from US gauge .But it is pretty close ....But when you see a scale figure in O gauge it seems out of place with 0N30 ......Also the locos seem midway between HO and O Gauge........Is it me or is it just a missconception of scale on my part.
Old 3rd May 2012, 22:19
Station Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnk View Post
I have bought a couple of ON30 locos and Peco on30 track....I see that locos are quite small compared with 0 gauge .Now I know that UK Scale is slightly different from US gauge .But it is pretty close ....But when you see a scale figure in O gauge it seems out of place with 0N30 ......Also the locos seem midway between HO and O Gauge........Is it me or is it just a missconception of scale on my part.
Basically American 0 gauge scale is slightly different to British. You have already worked that out. It is confusing and takes a bit of working out.

Basically you need figures made to the American Scale. A good selection will be found on the sites I found for you. It may be worth talking to the guy at EDM. He is a nice guy and very enthusiastic. Look at the web site to see where the shows he is attending are, or phone him up.

The piece of equipment you describe is a rolling road. I have the Hornby one which is quite adequate, but other people on the Forum may have other ideas.

Do remember that 0n30 runs on 00 gauge track so you could get an oval of Hornby track and a point or two. I would get 3rd or 4th Radius curves.Then you will be able to try out your locos. By the way are you using DC or DCC for control. Are the two locos you have bought DCC fitted?

Best wishes,

John H-T.
Old 4th May 2012, 16:48

Quote:
Basically American 0 gauge scale is slightly different to British. You have already worked that out. It is confusing and takes a bit of working out.

Basically you need figures made to the American Scale. A good selection will be found on the sites I found for you. It may be worth talking to the guy at EDM. He is a nice guy and very enthusiastic. Look at the web site to see where the shows he is attending are, or phone him up.

The piece of equipment you describe is a rolling road. I have the Hornby one which is quite adequate, but other people on the Forum may have other ideas.

Do remember that 0n30 runs on 00 gauge track so you could get an oval of Hornby track and a point or two. I would get 3rd or 4th Radius curves.Then you will be able to try out your locos. By the way are you using DC or DCC for control. Are the two locos you have bought DCC fitted?

Best wishes,

John H-T.
Two are dcc fitted one is dc.....I understand the DCC one will run with DC controller
Attached Images
File Type: jpg train3.jpg (87.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg t4.jpg (101.3 KB, 5 views)
Old 4th May 2012, 16:50

Quote:

Best wishes,

John H-T.
Two are dcc fitted one is dc.....I understand the DCC one will run with DC controller
I have bought a Bachmann 2 6 0 ..dc only for £50 on ebay..some photos to date
Old 4th May 2012, 17:59
Station Manager

Thanks for the photos.

You may want to consider DCC. The DC locos should not be difficult to convert even if they are not DCC ready. Depends on how confident you are with a soldering iron or you can get them done for you. DCC is much more flexible even on a small layout.

Here are some photos of my 0n30 Collection. I have got a wooden body kit for the Gas Mechanical.

There is one photo with a 00 loco and train for comparison.

Best wishes,

John H-T
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P6292800croprf.jpg (45.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg P6292801croprf.jpg (47.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg P6292802croprf.jpg (59.0 KB, 6 views)
Old 4th May 2012, 18:36

Nice set of locos.......I dont really have a layout (I dont have room) I have a 36ins lenght of peco 0n30 track .What I want is to run thes locos on rail risers to see them move without going anywhere but dont know what is required or how many to achieve this.DCC is nice but as I dont have a need at this point as I understand DCC locos are backward compatible with no modifications.As far as dc loco is concerned I dont want to fiddle with model as as sure as eggs is eggs I will break something.It might be something I will try in future but at moment just happy to see them on display...Any advice on rail risers would be welcome....Thankyou
Old 4th May 2012, 19:18
Station Manager

Have a look at My Thread on "My Modular layout" in the Railway Modelling Section. Might give you some ideas. I will bring it up to date in the next day or two.

Best wishes,

John H-T.