07:13

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > Railway Modelling > Railway Modelling

It would be nice

Old 28th December 2005, 23:20

Well Syd, I got the starter set I wanted. Just the basic one with a circle of track, a controller, three wagons and an 0-6-0 tank engine. The layout idea has changed, however! I'm now hoping to build a layout on an internal door (around £18 from Wickes), which will give me 6ft 6 inches by 2ft 6 inches to play with. I've ordered a couple of track plans books, but I fancy the idea of a main line and high level branch for operating interest.

I'm happy to report that the 20 odd year old Farish 08 is in working order, it stuttered a bit at first but soon got itself moving!

Now the only problem is how to get to Wickes and back without the missus noticing. If she finds out I'm going I'll get an order for some emulsion or other such decorating stuff.

Old 29th December 2005, 19:57
Station Manager

Treve,
LOL.
Well you will just have to tell her that you did not want her to think that you did not like the present, in fact you are so impressed with it that you can't wait to get started on it. To show how much you think of the gift you are going to suspend all other work just to get this project off the drawing board and onto the base board, and 'Yes Dear' it may take a few attempts to get it right but then as it was her wonderful gift you must get it right. The more ‘Yes Dears’ the better. (grin)
Glade to hear that the old Farish 08 is in working order, and is running smoothly again. Farish has had a lot of bad publicity in some of the model mag’s but I have found then to be quite good.
I will post some more photos of my layout as I have done quite a bit with it over the last few weeks, although a lot oh the work is not to noticeable as it is the smaller things that have been updated.
DSY011
Old 30th December 2005, 09:40

try making a big point about wanting to make a layout, to the point were she takes you down to wikes to get a door, to shut you up. It works then the second part of the plan is to annoy the wife, so see is glad to see the back off you, and enjoys the fact you have a hobby. Or it can go south and she throws you and your train set out. LOL