01:59

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > Railway Modelling > Railway Modelling

Continental Figures.

Old 17th October 2006, 15:33

Continental Figures.

I was leafing through a copy of 'Model Rail International' this morning, and found myself looking through the lists of figures that are available from Noch and Preiser.

I've seen the series of figures showing couples in various acts of...erm....congress on one of the websites, but reading through the adverts brought up some other interesting examples.

For instance, Noch advertise 'Sunbathers (Realistic look)' and 'Sunbathers (Good looking)'. I'm at something of a loss as to understand why any modeller would need to know the distinction! Preiser advertise 'Malicious Glee' in G scale, whatever malicious glee would be I haven't a clue.

But the one that really struck me was the Preiser G scale figure of the Pope. I mean...why? Unless you've got a G scale Vatican , what's the point? I suppose you could have him blessing a train before it tries to cross over a poorly built bridge on your garden railway. I wonder if they do a Pope in different positions? Maybe 'Pope reading newspaper' or 'Pope running for train'.

Old 17th October 2006, 21:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev
...............For instance, Noch advertise 'Sunbathers (Realistic look)' and 'Sunbathers (Good looking)'. I'm at something of a loss as to understand why any modeller would need to know the distinction! Preiser advertise 'Malicious Glee' in G scale, whatever malicious glee would be I haven't a clue................. .
Curiosity got the better of me and I decided to do a bit of research. The "Realistic look" sunbathers are middle-aged, flabby and rather rotund whilst the "Good looking" sunbathers are young, bronzed and in the case of the girls.......pneumatic I can imagine your choice of figures would depend on the location of your layout.......Southend or the South of France
"Malicious Glee" is nothing more than a man laughing at an unfortunate woman who has fallen on the floor .........I sometimes wonder how the German mind works

Quote:
But the one that really struck me was the Preiser G scale figure of the Pope. I mean...why? ...........................
As I said..... "I sometimes wonder how the German mind works"
Old 17th October 2006, 22:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisstrains
As I said..... "I sometimes wonder how the German mind works"
I supose that if you were running all sorts of different stock on the same G scale railway (American, German, British etc) you could include a model Pope and respond to any criticism by saying , "Well, I have very catholic tastes".
Old 17th October 2006, 22:40

Quote:
I supose that if you were running all sorts of different stock on the same G scale railway (American, German, British etc) you could include a model Pope and respond to any criticism by saying , "Well, I have very catholic tastes".
Nice one Trev
Old 19th October 2006, 09:31

Wink

But if someone did buy the Pope they could then build him a Popemobile, or a little stage to speak on!

Adam
Old 20th October 2006, 22:45

You can also get a Preiser G scale 'Nun with child'.

That would make something of a conversation piece, especially stood next to the Pope.
Old 21st October 2006, 10:19

Quote:
You can also get a Preiser G scale 'Nun with child'.

That would make something of a conversation piece, especially stood next to the Pope.
And to make matters even worse, some Preiser lists describe her as a "protestant"