13:29

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > News and General Discussion > Railway News from around the World

Railcare Wolverton open day

Old 16th July 2010, 23:07

Unhappy Railcare Wolverton open day

Expect announcement over the next few days that the Wolverton railcare open day in August has been postponed until next summer due to low ticket sales

Old 17th July 2010, 05:41
Registered Member

I know one person who is involved in the organisation, I will contact him and find out, where did you get that information please ????

Old 17th July 2010, 12:01
Registered Member

WOLVERTON, I CAN CONFIRM IS CAPED - CANCELLED - NOT HAPPENING I have just had a phone call.

If anyone want to know the reason that I have been told, which has had a bearing on the matter, PLEASE E MAIL or PM me.
Old 17th July 2010, 18:13

Officially the open day has been postponed until summer 2011 , low advance ticket sales
being the reason
Old 17th July 2010, 19:55

I looked at it earlier in the year but to expensive which could be the reason for the low ticket sales

My Rail Photography Site

My Flickr
Old 17th July 2010, 20:29

Mabye they bump down the ticket price then they will probally get some sold then
Old 17th July 2010, 21:09

I do not see how they can base cancelling it on advance ticket sales
I was going but cannot be sure which day is better for me I was going to decide at the last moment and just go
very disappointing as I have been to all previous open days and in view of the impending relocation of the depot .I would have been a good last visit
Old 18th July 2010, 05:59
Registered Member

An absolute shambles, less than a month to go and they pull the plug, they say low ticket sales, but then they say it will be a logistical nightmare getting everyone who HAS paid, a refund......well it should not be that hard if there has been low sales !!!!!!!

A shambles...not only for the oridinary punter like you and me, but also for the stall holders, (90plus) I am led to believe,then there is the other exhibitors, locos being brought in, no doubt road transport arranged etc etc.

I will give it serious thought before getting interested in any future attraction at that location.

BUT I happen to know the real reason , not for putting on this board though, I think too much about this great forum and I dont want it involved in any way.

Old 19th July 2010, 20:50

Was looking forward to having a nose round Wolverton. Not sure if I'll book next time as it might get cancelled again. Just waiting for refund now!!

Tony
Old 19th July 2010, 23:16

Typical of industry dont they realise a lot of people would have turned up on the day I was going but not sure which day.The Cleyton was going from Chinnor will they be reinbursed for their outlay for transport etc.The specials also took a lot of organising what a waste