18:19

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > News and General Discussion > Railway News from around the World

B1 Out of Action

Old 26th July 2006, 19:20

B1 Out of Action

61264 has suffered an exploding cylinder. It will be out of use for the entire Jacobite season at least. There's speculation that it was due to water in the cylinder from the night before (it was the first movement of the day), but this hasn't been confirmed. The Jacobite will be deputised by Ian Riley's Black 5 and that GWR engine they used for Harry Potter (can't think of it's number/name), with the K1 getting up there as soon as it can. Also, Tangmere's combination lever is playing up again, it'll be out of service for two months. Where the combination levers a problem oon the Bullied's in the days of real steam?

Last edited by pavorossi; 26th July 2006 at 19:50.
Old 26th July 2006, 21:28

Thumbs up Jacabite Jinxed this year?

Is the Jacobite Jinxed this year? There seem to have been a couple of failures to the B1 this summer. Olton Hall is the name of the 'red' Harry Potter engine that will surely get the children in as it stared in the Harry Potter films, I bet West Coasts bookings will go up. So on the one hand its bad news for 61264 but possibly good news for West Coast.

I am amazed that despite the Great Western Railway's name the most westerly station on the British mainland was part of the London North Eastern Railway!!!!!
Old 27th July 2006, 14:42

I don't know, perhaps it's just the B1 which is jinxed! I've only been behind it once and it had to be took out of service because it was making funny squealing noises! A little more variety with the engines can't be a bad thing either, something differnet for the locals to photograph.
Old 28th July 2006, 22:57

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavorossi
I don't know, perhaps it's just the B1 which is jinxed! I've only been behind it once and it had to be took out of service because it was making funny squealing noises! A little more variety with the engines can't be a bad thing either, something differnet for the locals to photograph.
When we went to Scotland last year the only loco that was working was 62005.