00:05

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > News and General Discussion > Railway News from around the World

Two trains crash near Salisbury.

Old 30th December 2021, 11:36

That is a tragedy. The most frightening thing is that there is no way the train can avoid the accident because otherwise, it would go off the tracks. Even though I realize that the train is much more dangerous than the airplane, I always choose this mode of transportation when I travel. I believe that there is nothing more comfortable than the train. My last trip was to Germany, and there I saw a railway system as developed as I'd never seen in any other country. I booked my tickets in advance at dbfahrplan.com. As much as I am afraid of trains, humanity has not yet invented anything better.

Old 22nd March 2022, 22:23
user

For me, the train is one of the safest modes of transportation in all countries. Travelling by train is real meditation. On the way, you have time to feel like an explorer, organize your impressions in your head, and admire the views outside the window. For booking tickets, I always use https://www.dbauskunft.com/de/; on the website, you can always find tickets at low fares and save money. Travelling by train I like it more than by plane, so I always try to go by train. And also, train travel is more environmentally friendly than by air, even if it's slower.

Last edited by KennyS; 22nd March 2022 at 22:32.