09:51

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > Members Area > Say Hello

Hello - from BLUE PETER

Old 16th January 2008, 22:49

Welcome Peter. Do you have a copy of your claim-to-fame photo for us to look at?

Old 17th January 2008, 14:30

What sort of work do you do at the Spa Valley Railway, Blue Peter?
Old 5th February 2008, 21:22

Hello EuroStar,

Ref your question about Spa Valley Railway, I had put my interest down as footplate crew and loco maintenance but unfortunately I suffered a bad fall from my loft down a flight of stairs so as yet I haven't taken up my preferred positions, however would hope to be able to do so sometime in the future.

Peter
Old 5th February 2008, 21:39

I'm interested in footplate crew and loco maintenance too. Hope you're able to take them up sometime.
Old 5th February 2008, 22:15

Hello Locojoe,

I was interested to see that you fired N7's at Enfield shed, was the preserved example (69621) one that you worked on ?
Also I seem to remember seeing some of the class with "red backed" smokebox door number plates possibly 69664 and 69665 were these part of the Enfield allocation ?
Since Enfield is not that far from Stratford I guess you probably got to know some of the Stratford men. Now something that has puzzled me for sometime is the fate of one of the "Tram Locos" namely the Y6 No. 68083 which I saw inside a small shed at Stratford and believe that it was meant to be saved for preservation. I heard that it was scrapped by mistake!, do you know the circumstances behind this disastrous error ? From memory I seem to remember that I saw somebody working on a tram loco with an acetylene burner outside the Departmental loco shed which could possibly have been the Y6. As I wasn't that close (standing on the platform at Stratford High Level) I couldn't be sure.
Peter

Last edited by BLUE PETER; 5th February 2008 at 22:18. Reason: Error in class designation