07:53

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > News and General Discussion > Railway News from around the World

Its that time of year again - lol

Old 11th November 2006, 18:46

Location: Shipley, Between Bradford & Keighley Worth Valley, W Yorks
Its that time of year again - lol

Hi

Major hassle today in Wakefield (Westgate).

Myself and family were on the GNER train to go back to Leeds. Everything was ok till the train started to pull out of the station.

Due to the heavy rain and leaves on the line the GNER didnt get far. It had to go back into the platform. (The GNER then set of to Kings Cross after a long delay)

We managed to get back to Leeds tho as we got the Selby train that goes via Huddersfield, Halifax, Bradford and Leeds.

We were going to get off at Bradford and get bus home but as we were approaching Huddersfield the conductor said that this train would not be going to Halifax, Bradford and Leeds. It would instead be going non-stop to Leeds via Dewsbury.

It took 1 hour and 10 minutes to get from Wakefield to Leeds. It only took us 15 mins max to get from Leeds to Wakefield. lol

How many more times will trains be delayed or cancelled due to "Leaves On The Line" over the next few months.

Dave

Old 11th November 2006, 22:07

Very different experience to what I had back in August on that line. I was after a 155 unit for the next part of the journey. My train was expected to arrive at Leeds just after the departure of an ealrer Calder Valley service. However, near Leeds we were almost side by side with a 155 unit. The GNER arrived in Leeds 10 minutes early. And I managed to get the earlier Calder Valley train which was a 155.