10:33

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > News and General Discussion > Railway News from around the World

Northern Rail receive an Award!

Old 21st February 2011, 19:45

Northern Rail receive an Award!

Please don't shoot me, I'm only the messenger. http://www.rail.co/2011/02/21/rail-b...ilco+(rail.co) Knowing the feelings about Northern Rail on this forum I though several times before posting this link!

Regards, 62440.

Old 21st February 2011, 20:04

This award will encourage them to keep up their investment and might make the DFT[daft idiots] let them buy new rolling stock .
Old 21st February 2011, 20:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62440 View Post
Please don't shoot me, I'm only the messenger. http://www.rail.co/2011/02/21/rail-b...ilco+(rail.co) Knowing the feelings about Northern Rail on this forum I though several times before posting this link!

Regards, 62440.
ope a certan gentman from mancheser area reads this and eats humble pie
Old 21st February 2011, 20:33

I'll admit that they have been getting better over th past year, but I would't have thought they would win this.

I'm watching you Northern Rail! .
Old 22nd February 2011, 18:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by steam for ever View Post
I'll admit that they have been getting better over th past year, but I would't have thought they would win this.

I'm watching you Northern Rail! .
not 2 over pleased about 2 year extention that means no new stock most off it paced it best now they realy need 50 turbostars or desiros or even 158s
Old 22nd February 2011, 18:50

I suggest that 3 car 172s with corridor ends like those delivered to London Midland would suit Northern the Best. I think that for the majority of services they have outgrown 2 car trains. To leave room for growth on intercity routes perhaps 4 car train would do the job.
Maybe now if they got their licence to run loco hauled trains they could use the stock that Wrexham and Shropshire used.
Old 23rd February 2011, 19:48

Smile northern wins award

im not surprised northern have won an award,the trains[considering the age of most of them]seem to run on time,they are mostly clean[except the 16.03bolton rochdale today]windows were filthy,but if a train turns up on time and gets me from a to b im happy,shame 2 of the 180s arent running due to some fault[guard at victoria told me]otherwise well done northern.
Old 8th September 2011, 07:21

The train staff are friendly and they're pretty good with times and schedules. If that's how the DFT measures performance & productivity then Northern will do well. Passengers should start a petition to enforce rolling stock change. Even the Southport MP got nowhere complaining. I'm on a train today right now that breaches health & safety due to water all over the floor without signs.

If we want to force change only a petition, media coverage and a PR campaign will make it happen because Northern don't care about the safety or comfort of their passengers. Do we care enough about ourselves to demand this change?
Old 8th September 2011, 07:22

Health & Safety

The train staff are friendly and they're pretty good with times and schedules. If that's how the DFT measures performance & productivity then Northern will do well. Passengers should start a petition to enforce rolling stock change. Even the Southport MP got nowhere complaining. I'm on a train today right now that breaches health & safety due to water all over the floor without signs.

If we want to force change only a petition, media coverage and a PR campaign will make it happen because Northern don't care about the safety or comfort of their passengers. Do we care enough about ourselves to demand this change?