23:04

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > Members Area > Say Hello

Hello Everyone

Old 16th February 2009, 11:49

Hello Everyone

Hi All

After a very interesting and seriously helpful chat to DSY011 in a shop in Bristol last Saturday afternoon about getting back into railway modelling, I decided to register here today. My apologies for not crediting DSY011 with a referral, but I forgot his username until after I registered and had a peek!

I have a life long history of an interest in railways, but '57 - '68 were my most active period when I lived in Leicester. Steam on view right up until '68 and within easy striking distance of the ECML & WCML and of course with the LMS, GCR and GNR lines in Leicester itself. The 'Ivanhoe' Leicester to Burton line was at the top of my road and the GCR Shed & yard was in walking distance.

I'm not going to rush into it, but I will be constructing a 00 guage layout in my loft over the coming year. It will more than likely be DCC and definitely based upon Era 5. I look forward to being able to ask for your advice and help in the Forum.

All the best

Max

Last edited by 15A; 16th February 2009 at 13:36. Reason: Typo
Old 16th February 2009, 13:22
Admin

Hi Max, welcome along to RF from all the staff here.. excellent bit of luck bumping into an RF moderator... you'll regret not asking for his autograph
We certainly cater for railway modellers here
cheers,
Andy
Old 16th February 2009, 16:15
Station Manager

Hello Max and welcome to the forum, good luck with your layout and all the best.
Old 16th February 2009, 18:15

Hello Max!
Small world - I was born and brought up a few hundred yards away from the old Great Northern Station (Belgrave Rd). I now live on the other side of Leicester and the Leicester - Burton line is a couple of hundred yards away.

Old 16th February 2009, 18:56

Hello Max as you can see I live in Loughborough The Midland Main Line runs at the back of my house(50yards)
Old 16th February 2009, 20:00
Station Manager

Hello Max and welcome to the Railway Forum. It was good to be able to talk to you and I'm pleased to hear you have made the first two choices in you future model, '00' and 'DCC'. Hope to see you in the shop again.
Old 16th February 2009, 21:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hunt View Post
Hello Max!
Small world - I was born and brought up a few hundred yards away from the old Great Northern Station (Belgrave Rd). I now live on the other side of Leicester and the Leicester - Burton line is a couple of hundred yards away.

Thanks John!

The world is even smaller than you thought! My Grandma lived in Bardolph Street and my Dad worked at the Shell & BP Depot in Catherine Street which was served by the GNR line. My parents lived in Ashleigh Road when I was born (the Burton Line embankment was at the bottom of the garden) and then I lived in Wyngate Drive until I was sixteen (with the Burton Line at the top of the road, as you probably know) and left Leicester for Devon .

Max

Last edited by 15A; 16th February 2009 at 21:14.
Old 16th February 2009, 21:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSY011 View Post
Hello Max and welcome to the Railway Forum. It was good to be able to talk to you and I'm pleased to hear you have made the first two choices in you future model, '00' and 'DCC'. Hope to see you in the shop again.
Thanks Syd, you'll see me in the shop again for sure and thanks again for your time and interest and steering me here.

Max
Old 16th February 2009, 21:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblewrap View Post
Hello Max as you can see I live in Loughborough The Midland Main Line runs at the back of my house(50yards)
Thanks Bubblewrap, I remember playing a few gigs with a band at the Saracens Head (long gone now probably!) in Loughborough and going to 'The Brush' to see 47's being built!

Max
Old 16th February 2009, 21:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Hi Max, welcome along to RF from all the staff here.. excellent bit of luck bumping into an RF moderator... you'll regret not asking for his autograph
We certainly cater for railway modellers here
cheers,
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by G6 UXU View Post
Hello Max and welcome to the forum, good luck with your layout and all the best.
Thanks for the welcome Guys!

Max