00:17

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > General Railway Discussion > Railway Stations

Kimberley Station GNR

Old 30th July 2007, 20:47

Kimberley Station GNR

At the model railway club I belong too we are progressing very well with a model of Kimberley station on the old Great Northern Railway branch between Derby and Nottingham.
We have many photographs and maps to work from,but just on the remote off chance that anyone out there has anything we have'nt seen before, i.e. Engineers drawings, photos etc. I would love to hear from you.
May I say that I was very disappointed with the response of the National Railway Museum at York, it took them a month to e mail me back with what is evidently the standard reply, "We have no items relevant to your request".
Maybe the RailwayForum can upstage the NRM.

Old 31st July 2007, 20:10

Just to defend the NRM, most of the backroom staff there are extremely helpfull, enthusiastic and knowlegable, and they do get tens of thousands of requests for information from the public.

However, when I did some research there some years ago there was one person there who was unreasonably crabby and whom I ended up having an face to face arguement with. I have not forgotten that person.
Old 2nd August 2007, 16:27

Hi Shed Cat,
I accept your defence of the NRM staff but can only speak from my own experience. Someone had told me word for word the reply I would get. Lo and behold I got that same reply.
I suppose things may get better when the search engine is complete.
My arguement though is that if the "National" centre for railways has no records of a station, then who has.