14:08

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > Members Area > Say Hello

The Great Game - Train Simulator Experience

Old 11th October 2016, 00:04

The Great Game - Train Simulator Experience

Hello everybody,

I've just joined and wanted to say hello.

Also I was hoping you guys might be able to help me out. Bear with me as explain my situation. I hope I'm posting in the right place. Apologies if I've broken the rules with my first post.

I work in the rail industry and have been very generously given a prize by the nice people at Virgin to auction as part of charity fundraiser for a film I recently release.

The film is called The Great Game: 30,000 Miles Across Central Asia. Check out www.thegreatgamemovie.com

100% of the profits are going to a charity called Afghan Connection to raise funds for education and sport in Afghanistan.

I held my charity event over the weekend and the following prize didn't sell. Mostly because the crowd weren't trains enthusiasts but more adventure buffs. Anyway I still have this great prize to offer up for fundraising purposes.

Therefore I'd like to offer prize to this forum as there may be more interested parties. If anybody is interested in bidding for this prize I'd love to hear from you.

I’d welcome offers up until 3pm Thursday 14th October 2016. Please get in touch via email at [email protected] to bid. Highest offer wins.

1. ‘Train Simulator Experience’ from Virgin Trains

A day trip for two on Virgin Trains Standard Class to Crewe.

The winners will get the chance to visit the Virgin Trains Training Academy in Crewe to enjoy a ‘Train Simulator Experience’. Travelling up/down in standard class on Virgin Trains.

Experience for two people will last approx. 1.5hours

Conditions:

• Late cancellation / alteration may be required due to operational issues. Experiences will be rescheduled.
• May take a 2-3 month lead-time to arrange due to operational requirements.
• Available on a weekday only.

Once again I apologise if I've posted this in the wrong place.

Cheers

Jon