07:00

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > Members Area > Say Hello

Hornby Dublo layout

Old 24th December 2014, 05:41

Hornby Dublo layout

Hello folks, I'm the newsest "Newby".....and not too good at this Forum chat biz so pls forgive me if I muck things up! Have loved steam trains since a child when, at August School hols time, my mother and I used to catch an electric train from near our home (Sydney) and ride for 5 hours to the end of the line in the NSW countryside. We then had to change to a 'steamie' for the last 20miles to the relatives' home - and that 'steamie' ride for me was the BEST part of my entire holiday. And now in my (early!) retirement, I am the proud owner of three x Hornby Dublo trains. I am finally able to convert an old garage in the back garden into an English pub - and am including my model trains as an addition. I have (on paper) designed a cantilevered external addition to one wall of the garage, about 48in deep and up to 14feet long. Am planning on a perspex viewing window (probably made up of multiple sliding doors of perspex) which will be visible from inside the "pub". I have designed what my long-suffering husband says is a rather unusal method for getting access to the track and scenery for cleaning and maintenance. I was wondering if I might run my idea past you folk and ask your opinion if you think it is a good way to do things or not. (Or should I just find another husband who is more amenable to my model trains???)
Thanks for your interest! Cheers all!

Old 24th December 2014, 09:06

Welcome to the forum Wendy, and its refreshing to see a female member on here interested in model railways.
I have a few excellent examples of steam locomotives all in a glass cabinet, and lit up as a static show. I dont actually run my models; however there are many on here who do and I feel sure they will be in reply soon.
In the meantime hope you enjoy our company and have a great Christmas and New Year.
All the best
Phil
Old 24th December 2014, 09:54
Station Manager

Hello Wendy and welcome to the forum, hope you sort out your new layout and all the best.
Old 24th December 2014, 14:32

Welcome Wendy to the best railway forum around. We are a friendly bunch who between us can answer almost any railway related queries you may have. Enjoy building your pub/railway and most of all; HAVE FUN.
Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Prosperous New Year.
Regards, Tony.
Old 26th December 2014, 06:01

Thanx all for the warm welcome! Looking forward to some discussions re layout etc after the Silly Season is over and done with.
Old 31st December 2014, 19:36

A very warm welcome to the forum, dear Wendy.