20:45

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > General Railway Discussion > Freight Operations and Observations

66 on cement train 23 july 08

Old 23rd July 2008, 23:43

66 on cement train 23 july 08

hi people out there... need a little help on a observation. I filmed a Freightliner class 66 leaving Westbury Cement Works on Weds 23rd July 2008 but was unable to note its number as I filmed.

Does anyone know its number? It left Westbury Cement Works at 17:23 direct onto Westbury Avoiding line with a green light (so that means it would have been non-stop from Cement works and onto the line for Taunton the otherside of Westbury Stn) so would have been in Taunton about 6-ish.

If anyone knows its number can ya let me know so I can include it on the cred's for the video.

(Steam 35028 Clan Line by the way left Westbury on time all but a min late passing the same location at 17:50 the same day although sounded sick as it past me and was slow building up speed compared to normal)

Last edited by wessexrailwaysdude; 23rd July 2008 at 23:49.
Old 23rd July 2008, 23:45

ps. does anyone also know the times for this train as its the first time I've seen it.
Old 23rd July 2008, 23:47

ps. if anyone knows the times for this train too can ya let me know as its the first time I've seen this train since I found out about it a few months ago...
Old 24th July 2008, 12:44
Station Manager

Hi Wessexrailwaysdude, welcome to tha forum. Sorry I can't help with your question. Sorry to hear that Clan Line is sounding a bit sick. My first 00 gauge model was Clan Line. So I have a soft spot for it, apart from the fact that she is a darn fine looking loco.
I'm sure someone will be able to assist with your cement train question WRD. as we have a wealth of well informed members on the site.
Old 24th July 2008, 18:47

Welcome Wessexrailwaydude.
A tough question that, unless there are other spotters out there who saw the '66.
(we like tough questions)
Old 24th July 2008, 19:34
Station Manager

17:30 - 6C17 MWO Westbury cement wks.-Moorswater worked by F.Liner 66 loaded cement tanks,Can't help with the number Sorry but here's some info about the train.

All the best,Ian
Old 25th July 2008, 23:57

ok thanks for that