12:13

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > Railway Modelling > Railway Modelling

N gauge model railway in Tenerife

Old 14th January 2014, 20:21

Question N gauge model railway in Tenerife

First of all "Ola" (Hello) this is my 1st post on this particular Forum.

I emigrated to Tenerife from the U.K. 10 years ago and recently decided to build a small n gauge model railway here as space is rather limited.

When I emigrated I left behind a "00" gauge garden railway and an indoor "00" table top where I used to live, and just last September decided to take up this hobby again on a smaller scale and build a layout in a store room I rent.

I have almost completed building my new layout which uses Graham Farish and Dapol rolling stock on Peco Setrack (all of which I have to Import from the U.K.).

To help with the design of my layout I have been trying out several model railway creation software packages, and it is here that I have a few questions, and would like to know if anyone on here has experience of using the following :-

1) Anyrail 5 (Not free - but not bad but lacking a "3D" facility at present)
2) Scarm (Totally free with a "3D" facility built in, but not all that easy to
use & still under development).
3) FocusMM "Create your own Model Railway" (Not free - but with lots of facilities to provide you with your own layout with working trains on it - but takes some getting used to).

The 3rd one above was a Xmas present to me and I am trying it out, and it is this software on which I have a number of questions & would like to ask them of someone experienced in using it.

If this is not the correct Forum to be asking such questions - perhaps someone could direct me to a more suitable Forum.

Regards

Terry