08:56

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > Members Area > Say Hello

General Enquiry

Old 29th July 2012, 15:12

General Enquiry

Hello, I am having to clear out my cousins house and there is a large framed picture/print on the wall what we think is the Flying Scotsman. We think this because her husband was a railway enthusiast who loved the Flying Scotsman. We are selling most of the items such as this picture, but have no idea what to ask for it. If anyone can help me or is interested in this, please let me know by email and I will send a photo of it. It is a lovely picture of the train going across as viaduct and as I said it is large. My email addr is [email protected]

Old 29th July 2012, 16:24

Perhaps you could show a picture of it & dimensions would be helpful. Thanks for asking, sure someone would be interested.
Old 31st July 2012, 19:49

It would be useful to know if it is a limited edition print or signed etc. A picture would be useful for sure. Oh and welcome to the forum.
All the best
Phil
Old 1st August 2012, 15:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Fox Phil View Post
It would be useful to know if it is a limited edition print or signed etc. A picture would be useful for sure. Oh and welcome to the forum.
All the best
Phil
Lynda asked me to assist her.
The print is by Don Breckon and is named, "Skye Boat Train" featuring Loch Carron. It is not signed and she is unaware if it is a limited edition. She has placed a copy of the print in our steam section.{page 2 at present.}It can be seen on Don Breckets web pages.
Stuart
Old 1st August 2012, 15:41

I have EXACTLY the same print above my fireplace.

It came from a local shop many years ago and (from memory) was not that expensive at the time.

I like it, the scenery and the train, but Flying Scotsman it is not.

x
Old 1st August 2012, 16:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by pre65 View Post
I have EXACTLY the same print above my fireplace.

It came from a local shop many years ago and (from memory) was not that expensive at the time.

I like it, the scenery and the train, but Flying Scotsman it is not.

x
The lady has posted a copy of the print on the forum and correctly identified the engine as a Black 5.There are probably hundreds of prints around. I note on a certain site prices are around £45.
Stuart.
Old 1st August 2012, 20:51

Skye Boat Train by Don Breckon.

An LMS Black Five 4.6.0 locomotive heads the boat train to Kyle of Lochalsh along the southern shore of Loch Carron. After the 82 mile rail journey from Inverness the train would connect at Kyle with the boat fro the crossing to the Isle of Skye. The line was completed in 1897, the last 10 miles requiring 31 rock cuttings and 29 bridges. The Black Fives worked passenger and freight trains on the line from the 1930 to the end of steam.

The above extract was taken from the following website http://www.military-art.com/mall/more.php?ProdID=13141

For a fee of £42.00 this print originally published in 1989 can be purchased. So not of great value but a very nice print to own. Hope this helps
Best regards
Phil