23:31

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > General Railway Discussion > Narrow Gauge

10.25 inch Gauge Railway Society

Old 18th May 2010, 10:24

10.25 inch Gauge Railway Society

The society has been resurrected and a new website is being set up at http://www.ten-and-a-quarter-railway-society.co.uk/
The intent is to promote the building of locomotives , rolling stock and railways by sharing information and experiences.
The history of the many railways will also be covered and the gauges greater than 7.25 and smaller than 15 inch will also be covered.
In due course meetings at host railways will be added and I am happy to host the first at Rudyard Lake later this year.
Suggestions especially when accompanied by offers of help are welcome

Mike Hanson
www.rlsr.org

Old 27th September 2010, 20:19

Well Mr. Hanson I must say that the website looks very tidy and this diminutive gauge is growing on me. So much so in fact I plan to visit Rudyard lake next year to see how things are going. When I was last there Rudyard station was basically a platform, and with the pictures I am seeing the station looks to be a splendid affair. I have nothing to say but praise.

Do you plan to hold another Macmillan charity day? It's a shame I did not know of the previous one as helping cancer charities is something of great importance to me.
Old 1st October 2010, 23:05

We do plan to hold another charity day next year around the same time ( March) but probably for Marie Curie as we promised to do one for them some years ago and its time we delivered. The intent is to support a charity event each year and we have personal links to cancer charities so they are top of the list. The event this year brought in several thousnd pounds and was clearly worthwhile.

Mike Hanson
www.rlsr.org
Old 11th January 2011, 01:58

The ten and a quarter railway society is planning an award for the outanding miniature railway in 2010. Open to any railway up to 23 inch gauge. nominations are welcome from anyone by email to the secretary: [email protected]
Please put forward your view.
More info at the website
http://www.ten-and-a-quarter-railway-society.co.uk/
Mike Hanson
Chairman

Tags
12.25, quarter, railway, society, ten