03:36

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > Diesel & Electric > Diesel & Electric Discussion

Deltics...Renumbered?

Old 9th December 2009, 16:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by pre65 View Post
Altering the data like that with totally unconfirmed information is a BAD move, and just damages (even more ) the reputation of the whole Wilipedea database.

Why is it bad? Wikipedia has confirmed that Nimbus does actually exist! As for all those photo's of deltic noses....they could belong to any deltic.

Old 9th December 2009, 16:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rassy View Post
Wikipedia has confirmed that Nimbus does actually exist! As for all those photo's of deltic noses....they could belong to any deltic.
No, it hasn't. You yourself, in this very thread indeed, criticised the accuracy of wikipedia, saying "Everybody knows Wikipedia is a complete joke. No offense but you should stop being so lazy and learn how to conduct a proper research." And also, whilst the nose could theoretically be from any Deltic, the body work shown in the second photo (http://neil-gibson.fotopic.net/p54079839.html) clearly shows the cabside number 55020, which was the TOPS number for Nimbus.
Old 9th December 2009, 16:19

I would love to buy you a beer if you prove it exists .good luck with your hunting
Old 9th December 2009, 16:55

Rassy,Why would anybody save Nimbus or for that matter St Paddy,both had be out of service since 1978 and had been used for spare parts,if anybody wanted to save a Deltic without anybody else knowing I'am sure there were much better locos than those two.
Please let us know when you find Nimbus,not that I want to see it,I want to search the field next door for that other missing 80s racehorse- Shergar!!!!

Cheers John
Old 9th December 2009, 17:05

I reckon Rassy is trying a "wind up" on here. Rather than using wikipedia which anyone can alter for their own purposes, try looking on the Deltic Preservation Society website, the full list of surviving machines and their whereabouts is on there, the three they own and two cabs, and under FAQ, the other three.

Unconvinced, 62440.
Old 9th December 2009, 19:03

And why not try this one?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/29126266@N00/2147082316/
Old 10th December 2009, 15:00

I have had a reply from the MOD regarding the Deltic at Ashchurch.

Quote "" Thank you for your correspondence received via the Ministry of Defence website enquiring about whether an ex British Railway class 55 (Deltic class) main line diesel locomotive is stored at Ashchurch awaiting restoration and preservation. I have been asked to reply as Defence Equipment and Support is responsible for the Defence Storage and Distribution Agency at Ashchurch.

I can confirm that the site at Ashchurch is not storing/restoring a Class 55 locomotive.

Yours sincerely""

Unquote
Old 15th December 2009, 16:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rassy View Post
Nimbus definitely exists I saw it with my own eyes. I thought that was common knowledge?

I might be wrong but I think it's stored at MoD Ashchurch in an aircraft hanger, but i'm still researching it.

p.s.
Everybody knows Wikipedia is a complete joke. No offense but you should stop being so lazy and learn how to conduct a proper research.
it wont be in a hanger at ashchurch, i used to work for a contractor that had access to ashchurch, no locos there!!!!
Old 15th December 2009, 16:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev View Post
Head.Nail.Hit.

Adam, what story have you heard about this? All that I can find is a vague reference to two people seeing Nimbus enter Hadley Wood tunnel a few months after it was cut up.

I've found stories of long scrapped Westerns being noted on the rails as well. Wonder what is going on here?
too much time in the pub an hour or two before??
Old 15th December 2009, 16:12

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrat View Post
I would love to buy you a beer if you prove it exists .good luck with your hunting
it does, it works for chiltern in the form of 121020!!!!!