10:18

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > Members Area > Say Hello

Hello ("drive a steam engine experience" advice needed)

Old 11th July 2010, 21:26

Well gents I have taken my steam engine driver experience yesterday at the GCR. You all said it would be a day to remember and you were dead right! A brilliant day and all the staff were so welcoming. A special thanks to Phil the driver and a very hard day for Dave the fireman, (it was a very hot day). The bonus was the engine turned out to be none other than GW "Pitchford Hall" on a visit to GCR. I had only just seen it a couple of weeks earlier at Tyseley, never drempt I would drive it. 16 miles round trip shared with Del and 16 miles - every inch taken in! The power, the sound and the motion of the loco all contributed to a fantastic day. Thanks to my wife for the best birthday ever, and thanks to all the personnel at the GCR for "making my day" especially John and Peter.
All the volunteers dedicated to our enjoyment on all heritage railways, a warm thank you.