13:18

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > Members Area > Say Hello

Do you want to feature in a documentary?

Old 12th March 2011, 11:25

Documentary

Their seems to be a lot of negative response to this request by basementdocumentary.
Why is this? Are we ashamed of our hobby, or is it because we trainspotters/railway enthusiast
have been ridiculed so much over the years and are frightened to put our heads above the wall.
Seeing my first engine, was like falling in love for the first time, it was something you would never forget.
I chased after numbers, but how many hobbies took you all over the country teaching you all the time. Yes, we broke the law on occasions, by just being in sheds without permission, our only motive
being to get those numbers.
So come on tell your stories and be proud that you had a hobby and an education that has lasted a lifetime.

Old 12th March 2011, 12:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by redudley View Post
Their seems to be a lot of negative response to this request by basementdocumentary.
Why is this? Are we ashamed of our hobby, or is it because we trainspotters/railway enthusiast
have been ridiculed so much over the years and are frightened to put our heads above the wall.
Seeing my first engine, was like falling in love for the first time, it was something you would never forget.
I chased after numbers, but how many hobbies took you all over the country teaching you all the time. Yes, we broke the law on occasions, by just being in sheds without permission, our only motive
being to get those numbers.
So come on tell your stories and be proud that you had a hobby and an education that has lasted a lifetime.
I agree with this all the way. But perhaps the format offered to us was a little vague. I have sent a personal message to thread originator but have not received a reply yet.
Old 13th March 2011, 15:25

I started out positively........................

I have already had one film crew filming my model railway and they were as enthusiastic as me at the end of 5 minutes they were kids again

https://www.flickr.com/gp/grays_photos/6P1643

Last edited by Madcaravanner; 25th March 2011 at 12:31. Reason: got a real answer
Old 24th March 2011, 21:34

Hey guys, we're really sorry I haven't been in touch or replying. We've been rather busy with other film projects we are undertaking. We are back on track nevertheless.

We're not a 'troll' we are serious film makers wanting to find out more, just give us time!

Thanks for all the responses you've given us, in the next few days we'll follow up any correspondence we wish to take further.

Thanks again and sorry for the lack of communication!

BasementDocumentary.
Old 25th March 2011, 12:31

Well I withdraw my comment

I was saying that as a Railway enthusiast who tries to model to a high standard (still learning scratch building) a lot of my time is taken up researching railway establishments and photographing buildings and trackside hardware even though I do still take numbers of loco's, coaches (when we see any), and wagons (when they are clean enough to see -Freightliner clean your stock please)

I am willing to discuss what your needs are compared to my needs before I commit to any thing being filmed

https://www.flickr.com/gp/grays_photos/6P1643