13:51

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > General Railway Discussion > Passenger Operations and Observations

EVR affter Openig of Duffield

Old 18th February 2011, 20:08
Station Manager

The EVR probably have one of the best collections of DMU collections in preservation. From April we will be fielding a two car unit, a three car unit and two single units including the Iconic Iris (now with new authentic seat covers).

In April and May we will be running a five car consist in partnership with steam in the form of 78019 with two LMS Coaches and a Mk 1. I think a day rover at £12 is going to be a snip with the posibility of Iris on the incline and No.3 doing brakevan rides. Please go to: www.e-v-r.com for more details.

The only way you will get a better view of the beautiful Eclesbourne Valley is from the veranda of a goods brakevan and you ain't going to get that unless you are a working volunteer. We have to have some perks for all the hard work! I did have a most enjoyable ride back to Wirksworth from Duffield this afternoon standing on the back veranda of the LMS Gaurdsvan, then I was acting as Guard!

Best wishes,

John H-T.

Belper Model Railway Group.
Old 19th February 2011, 08:03

You could try borrowing LEV-1.

It was developed in Derby and led to the Pacers.

YOu could see all the local ex-railwaymen with embarrassed grins.
Old 19th February 2011, 11:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyvern View Post
You could try borrowing LEV-1.

It was developed in Derby and led to the Pacers.

YOu could see all the local ex-railwaymen with embarrassed grins.
Why would they be embarased they have never ran pacers in the East Midlands apart from the experimental one for the Sprinters.
Old 19th February 2011, 12:43

Derby engineers were involved in the design of the LEVs which were the basis for the Pacers.

As some point out, without them many lines would have closed, but they have never had a good press.
Old 19th February 2011, 12:52

Quote:
Derby engineers were involved in the design of the LEVs which were the basis for the Pacers.

As some point out, without them many lines would have closed, but they have never had a good press.
Bad press but Still in use today so something must be good about British Engineering therefore there should be a Celebration of this enginnering a Gala to Celebrate 30 years of Pacers or Britsh Engineering as also if you notice that the cLass 142s and 143s and 144s have actually out done there Predecesor the Leyland National Bus in Publ;ic Service shurley it aught to be celebrated.
Old 14th April 2011, 15:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_142 View Post
What about Bringing in More Diesil Rail Cars or Lococ form other Heritage Railways I know when the 4 Wheel Rail Car from the KWR Came to Llangollen it was packed to the rafters plus I think if something thta that was to Visit the EVR then I would imagine it would be worth while.

As there should be as much for Diesil Enththisasts as for Steam enthusiasts becuse I think if steam is so briliant then why where so many scrpaed and why they not pulling our daily trains now ?
I believe its what you grew up with because nostalga plays a very big part of what we enjoy today. I for one grew up with Steam in the 50's and saw the transition to diesel in the 60's. I therfore enjoy the sight and sounds of both. In fact my favourite diesels were Deltics, Peaks, Brush 4's and Baby Deltics! However having said that I favour Steam. So will we see any of those on the EVR? I imagine we will over the years to come and who knows maybe a 60's gala of mixed traffic would be something to look forward to!!
Old 14th April 2011, 16:23

I like looking at Stream Locos and think they are pretty amazing just dont like all the huffing and puffing noises.
Old 15th April 2011, 08:26
Station Manager

Quote:

Like most other Derby designed DMUs a lot of the testing was done on the Wirksworth Branch!

Best wishes,

John H-T.
Belper Model Railway Group.
Old 15th April 2011, 11:29

Well the first trip out for the APT was to Duffield.