15:18

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > Members Area > Say Hello

Hello from an edit suite without a window

Old 26th November 2018, 12:56

Hello from an edit suite without a window

Hello everyone,

My name is Tom.

I have a couple of requests aimed at the steam community. I'm a writer and producer in the final stages of a film and in need of some help.

I want to strap a camera to the cab of a tank engine and film it entering and exiting a tunnel. Our principle photography is complete (we were at Downpatrick and County Down Railway, it was great) - the additional shot is to tie in with the opening of the film.

Having spent some time with the volunteers at Downpatrick, I was amazed at the commitment (and reality) of keeping this part of our history alive. It was very impressive. I can't say I was much interested in steam trains prior to this experience. I am now.

I understand this will cost and although we're not Hollywood, we're also not Hollyoakes. It's an important shot.

If anyone has any ideas or is able to offer assistance, please pm me. I hope no one minds me asking.

On a completely different subject, I have a project in development about De Hane Segrave (of Golden Arrow fame). He's an amazing character whose one great love was his model railway. I have some video of it (real engineering feat) - does anyone know anything about it? I've totally failed to get any information regards what it was or even better: where it might be!

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Old 26th November 2018, 16:53

Hi Tom.

It's possible to get good results with a GoPro strapped to an upright.

BW

(PS I feel your pain. I spent half my career in a dubbng suite with no windows, but now I'm paid to look out of the train window all day. )

Last edited by Beeyar Wunby; 26th November 2018 at 17:11.