20:35

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > Railway Modelling > Virtual Railways

Tycoon Games

Old 31st May 2011, 17:32

Tycoon Games

What do you think to tycoon games such as the railroad tycoon series?

Old 31st May 2011, 17:52

I have played the Tycoon games since they first came out. Railroad Tycoon left a lot to be desired (vey basic); Tycoon 2 is the best of the lot. You have total control of the game which gives better game play. Tycoon 3 is a battle against the computer. You have little or no control over train loadings. The only good innovation in RT3 is the tunnelling option.
To my mind, RT2 is by far the best of the trio. It takes time to master all aspects of the game in order to achieve "Gold" standard in each scenario but it is the most satisfying of the game series.
Old 31st May 2011, 18:01

I agree, I really liked the 2nd one, I think I may have worn out my disc and gained a great knowledge of geography, and the 3rd wasnt quite as good. The main problem for me has always been that it didnt have enough UK scenarios, or any fantasy scenarios.

Can't say I ever played the 1st one though

You do get some interesting and fun railway options in Transport Tycoon, and Industry Tycoon - - and even the Sim City Games, and I'm just wondering if there is anything else out there that you might have played?
Old 1st June 2011, 16:52

Apart fom the RT series, I only play the "citybuilder" games; Caesar III & IV and Rise of the Middle Kingdom. My brain wouldn't cope with the "shoot em up" or driving games; I like a quiet life with time to think!

Tags
games