06:56

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > General Railway Discussion > Freight Operations and Observations

Rail track,generator ballast wagons....

Old 17th January 2011, 03:08

Smile Rail track,generator ballast wagons....

Weres the best place to see these wagons on the rail network??.....

Old 17th January 2011, 20:47

If your in Wirral then I don't really know but I would suggest Whitemoor, Doncaster, Toton and Hoo. Although they predominately work at weekends, you do get the odd midweek one. A place that has a virtual quarry, i.e. Whitemoor is a place where you will see them all week being prepared for possessions at the weekend. Whitemoor departures and arrivals are easily viewed from the public highway. Most happen on a Saturday roughly between midday and midnight.
Old 18th January 2011, 02:08

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemoor66 View Post
If your in Wirral then I don't really know but I would suggest Whitemoor, Doncaster, Toton and Hoo. Although they predominately work at weekends, you do get the odd midweek one. A place that has a virtual quarry, i.e. Whitemoor is a place where you will see them all week being prepared for possessions at the weekend. Whitemoor departures and arrivals are easily viewed from the public highway. Most happen on a Saturday roughly between midday and midnight.
Cheers for the info!! ile have to go for look at weekends,yer im on the Wirral,but we only have electric emu over here never see any freight action,but my job takes me all over the country,so i see alot of freight then....