07:37

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > News and General Discussion > Railway News from around the World

£43 fine for tresspassing on the railway line

Old 16th May 2008, 13:51

£43 fine for tresspassing on the railway line

http://www.northwichguardian.co.uk/d...ts_parents.php

Old 16th May 2008, 14:32

Should have locked her up and her parents too that would have tought them a lesson !
Old 16th May 2008, 14:42

Seems a bit lenient to me, but then again, it's not techincally speaking, a fine.
Old 16th May 2008, 14:47

So a 14 year old who is already subject to a 12 hour curfew order, which says a lot about him to me, does'nt realise he should not be on the railway. My 5 year old grandson knows he does'nt go on the railway. Do you know why? Because I have told him so.
This is just another example of a "thicko", probably from a family of "thickos" who will never learn.
Paul.
Old 16th May 2008, 15:03

Exactly but yet some people don't whant to learn plus what has happend to LEASION OFFICERS for Schhols theese days all these BTP community support officers either standing round doing nowt or sitting drinking tea and waiting for an easy target to do a STOP CHECK on so that tehre books look good. "WHAT HAS THIS COUNTRY COME TOO"

Last edited by John_142; 16th May 2008 at 15:05.
Old 17th May 2008, 09:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_142 View Post
Exactly but yet some people don't whant to learn plus what has happend to LEASION OFFICERS for Schhols theese days all these BTP community support officers either standing round doing nowt or sitting drinking tea and waiting for an easy target to do a STOP CHECK on so that tehre books look good. "WHAT HAS THIS COUNTRY COME TOO"
I don't think that the quote above is fair to the BTP, the problem they have is that when they catch someone doing something illegal on or about the railway they go through the process of charging them and bringing the case to court, then the fanny on the bench lets them go with bad boy/girl don't do it again, The cops just think WHY THE HELL DO WE BOTHER. It must be hard for them.

It happened a couple of months back to one of my co-workers, He was out snow ploughing and hit a 16 year old youth on a viaduct. Unfortunatley the youth paid the price of being hit by a class 37 at probably 55-60mph. But my point to this is the youth father had recently retired from the police force and his mother is still a serving police officer, the youth was a pillar of the community he never did anything wrong.
OK he was 16 would have been 17 in the next couple of days, he had been out drinking,was tresspassing on the railway at 0300hrs approx and he does,nt do anything wrong.

Les
Old 17th May 2008, 12:02

Hi Les,
I think that is the case with the police in general, they are not allowed to do what is needed.
Look at the situation in Manchester this week. After watching the TV footage, how can anyone say that the police over reacted. That is what some moron said this week.
I know damn good coppers who have left the force because they are fed up of being taxi drivers for drunks. We have a major problem in this country, and I dont think it is limited to our country alone, it is now socially acceptable to get out of your skull and cause mayhem, but not acceptable to stop these people from causing the mayhem.
As sorry as I feel for the parents of the boy killed by the train. The only answer is, he should not have been where he was.
Paul.