21:58

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > Members Area > Say Hello

Big hello to the Railway Forum!

Old 5th July 2008, 22:56

Welcome to the forum 66521. You've set yourself a bit of a challenge!

Old 5th July 2008, 23:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev View Post
Welcome to the forum 66521. You've set yourself a bit of a challenge!
Cheers! Indeed - they seem to be building the things faster than I can photograph them
Old 6th July 2008, 11:00

Hello old fruit & welcome. ANOTHER man of Kent/ Kentish man !!

I see that Fastline has just joined the 66 club, and GBRf and Frightlerner have some more due. No sleep for the wicked, eh ?
Old 6th July 2008, 13:00
Station Manager

Welcome to the Forum 66521, already enjoying your photos even though I'm not the greatest fan of "Sheds"

Best wishes,

John H-T.
Old 6th July 2008, 14:07
SouthernSteam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foghut View Post
Hello old fruit & welcome. ANOTHER man of Kent/ Kentish man !!

I see that Fastline has just joined the 66 club, and GBRf and Frightlerner have some more due. No sleep for the wicked, eh ?
Are there a lot of Kent folk on here then? I am a man of Kent through and through, although exiled in neighbouring Sussex for the foreseeable future.......
Old 6th July 2008, 17:13

Cheers for the welcome guys. Yes, I'm now a Kentish man, although only in the last year. Before that I was in Lincolnshire and before that Yorkshire and before that Hampshire, and before that... Holland!

I know the 66's aren't everyones cup of tea, but I reckon in 30 years time it will be interesting to have a thorough photographic record of them all... however many that turns out to be.

I have to say I'm intrigued by Foghut's comment - I know there are more Freightliners due (954-957) and more DRS (431-434) but I didn't know GBRf were getting more! I can't keep up

John H-T: thanks for the comment. Some of my earlier 2006/7 photos aren't that good, and I'm trying to replace them all with some better composed photos. That was when I'd just got into photography and hadn't a clue about composing shots or lighting etc. Even some of my more recent stuff isn't always fantastic, but it beats my earlier attempts! But with 441 sheds knocking around at the moment you can appreciate how long it's going to take me
Old 6th July 2008, 18:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66521 View Post
................... But with 441 sheds knocking around at the moment you can appreciate how long it's going to take me
And don't forget the 66's operating in Mainland Europe Darryl
Old 6th July 2008, 19:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66521 View Post
Cheers for the welcome guys. Yes, I'm now a Kentish man, although only in the last year. Before that I was in Lincolnshire and before that Yorkshire and before that Hampshire, and before that... Holland!
Well I'm originally from Bucks and now live in Kent, but I really want to move to Lincs or South Yorks. Perhaps we should start a thread on this forum for house swapping ?

Quote:
I have to say I'm intrigued by Foghut's comment - I know there are more Freightliners due (954-957) and more DRS (431-434) but I didn't know GBRf were getting more! I can't keep up
Well my source for this is Rail #595, and if the above isn't enough, they're saying that now DRS wants to hand back its first 10 66/4s to Porterbrook. Other FOCs are interested in them, so they'll probably change livery and you'll have to go after them as well. Perhaps you should apply for a lottery grant, it'll cost a small fortune chasing after all these locos.
Old 6th July 2008, 23:50

Welcome to the forum.
Paul.
Old 7th July 2008, 00:04

Once again, thanks for the welcome everyone. Yes, a small lottery grant wouldn't go amiss to help me fund this mad quest. Every time I get near to clearing the GBRf 66's they seem to order more. As for DRS; I hardly ever seem to see them! I'm very interested to see what's going to happen to 401-410 when they come off lease.