22:26

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > General Railway Discussion > Light Rail and Metros

Yucatán horse trams

Old 14th December 2022, 17:03

Yucatán horse trams

Hi group, I just joined hoping to find more info about horse trams in Yucatan state, Mexico. I'm a freelance journalist working on a story (hopefully several) about the Tren Maya and its proposed impacts on the local economies of that region. I have a railroad background, and while researching this project, I unexpectedly fell in love with the horse trams of that area.

First, I wonder if there is an online forum that would be a better fit for this topic?
Second, does anyone know the disposition of the photo collection of Earl W Clark, who documented these lines in the 1960s?
Third, Does anyone have any historical info or photos about the lines specifically in the Chunkanán - Cuzuma area?

Thanks so much in advance for any suggestions or info. Just as a note, I spent a month down in that area recently, so I have a passable idea of the current situation, but am looking to flesh out my understanding of the history of how these public lines were used on a regular basis.

Ole Bye
Hesperus, CO

PS - for anyone unfamiliar with these lines, here's a great intro.