12:15

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > Members Area > Say Hello

Wet sunday morning

Old 1st December 2008, 14:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffer View Post
Thankyou for the welcome Paul & John, say John hope your a patient man, cos getting this out of me head onto the tracks could be a while longer yet, wot you say Paul
I had the plan in my head for years. It's just that I lived in a 3 bed house and had two daughters, who I was never going to get to allow me to have a layout over the bed. Now a boy may have been a different proposition.
11 years ago we moved and the house had a double garage, guess what, I have converted the garage.
As I say the plan had been in my head for years, and NEVER went down on paper. I dont think that is the right way to do it actually. I think you should put it down on paper, even if it is just a sketch.
I am really pleased with what is down at the moment, but funnily enough I would change it if I was starting again. I have'nt enough storage space nor enough sidings.
As I said, I will post some photos, hopefully after Christmas, because I am planning a major clean up in the train room then.
Good luck, start it as soon as you can, it's a great hobby.
Paul.

Old 1st December 2008, 18:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul miller View Post
.........................I am really pleased with what is down at the moment, but funnily enough I would change it if I was starting again. I have'nt enough storage space nor enough sidings.............................
I think that's always going to be the case Paul.
Unless we strictly limit ourselves to locos and rolling-stock from a very specific era/location/railway the manufacturers are eventually going to tempt us into buying more than our sidings can hold.
Even with harder to obtain Swiss models I have long since given up trying to add extra storage sidings to my layout. I just store my spare stock and locos safely in stackable boxes and rotate them every so often.
Old 1st December 2008, 19:31

Hi John,
I have an old chest of drawers with all my loco's and stock in.
This fits neatly under the baseboard of the layout.
About 2 years ago a friend came round, and I said to him that I had a loco of his, a rebuilt Patriot class. He said it was'nt his but mine, he could remember me buying it at a swap meet. Well I could'nt remember for the life of me, I must be getting really old.
I have had phases of buying things, and then not really bothering for ages.
There is now so much I would like, but space is at a premium. Another set of drawers methinks.
Paul.
Old 1st December 2008, 20:28

Hello all, i reckon i'am going to need some room, i would like to mix steam and deltics and class 20's plus class 37's, hopefully station, sidings and country side, but i aint a clue how to draw it down on paper.
also my thing about getting older is using a tool putting it down then wanting to use it again Ah now where is it where did i put it, can't ya waste some time looking for it.
Old 1st December 2008, 21:40
Station Manager

The new Bachmann Stock Boxes seem good. I picked some at Warley. See Bachmann Web site.

Best wishes,

John H-T.