16:36

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > Diesel & Electric > Diesel & Electric Discussion

GCR DMUs

Old 17th January 2012, 15:59

GCR DMUs

I never realised that this place had so many DMUs most of them out of use but notice that the 127 will be ready for use as seen the last time I was there but would like to know more about when it is expected to enter service as I cannot rember when the young Gentleman I spoke to there the other week said it owuld be up and running and I assume the 101 will be comming out of use for overhall which is most needed as seems to have a few oil leaks etc.

Old 23rd January 2012, 20:48

Hi John
I believe it will be back in service by mid 2012 though not sure about the exact date. Try this link to see if it helps at all;
http://www.facebook.com/pages/GCR-12...07867915925626
All the best
Phil
Old 20th February 2012, 15:28

Well they seem to be still working on the power car stabled at Loughborogh as they had the engine running on Saturday gone which sounded very sweet indeed thougnh the thing that worries me is that both units are power car and with no centre trailer car surley they will almpst rip eachother a[prt the enghines beiong muich more poerfull thatn standard DMUs pus the thing that bugs me is that they are not painted the dsame and one pC has no head code box as is oainre over