08:24

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > General Railway Discussion > Passenger Operations and Observations

Train statistics website

Old 16th June 2013, 18:44

Train statistics website

Hi,

I hope this isn't seen as spam but this is something I made and thought the members of this forum would be interested.

I created http://traincheck.co.uk - every day it will generate statistics and graphs to show how many hours of delay and cancelled services were experienced for the past 24 hours. Each day you will see that the statistics are updated.

I pull all data from Network Rail's public data feed and present it on this site.

Hope you find it interesting.

Old 16th June 2013, 18:56

Hi Traincheck and welcome to the forum. Just looked at your website and found it to be interesting though basic in detail. How accurate are your figures?
Anyway I hope you do well and enjoy our forum.
All the best and wish you well.
Phil
Old 16th June 2013, 19:24

Hi traincheck and welcome to the Forum. I was looking forward to seeing your site but for some reason I can't access it: I get redirected to a page telling me to upgrade my browser. I'm quite happy using the browser I've got! If other members experience this and find a workaround (without changing their browser!) I'd be interested to know.
Old 17th June 2013, 17:45

Thanks for your feedback Phil. What other details would you like to see?
The data is collated from Network Rail's official feed so will be as accurate as possible.

ianrail - Unfortunately the API to generate graphs does not support older browsers. If you got redirected then you would be using Internet Explorer 8 or lower. Internet Explorer 8 is now 4 years old and the rate of development for web apps has come a long long way in that time. I'd highly recommend upgrading to experience better functionality and security but it's your choice
Old 27th July 2013, 17:07

Absolutely right, I was using IE8. I know it's taken me a while but I've just downloaded Google Chrome and, yes, it makes quite a difference. Personally I don't like the appearance of the screen as well as the old browser (no doubt I could customise it if I made the effort) so I've kept a shortcut to IE8 too. Chrome does go like a rocket on certain sites - like your own - where the old browser was really beginning to struggle. Thanks!
Old 27th July 2013, 20:59

Hi again Traincheck, it's interesting to see the ones underperforming, are there any statistics of good performers, like Virgin for example?
All the best
Phil