23:26

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > Diesel & Electric > Diesel & Electric Discussion

Old 18th February 2006, 11:53

Does anyone know why this unit (only one to retain half of the regional railways express livery) has two different shades of yellow at the front. Se attachment for picture.

This unit I doubt will be on the Manchester Airport to Cleephorpes route for long when the 185's are in service, anyone going to the 185 launch on March 14th?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0252.JPG (93.8 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by martin adamson; 19th February 2006 at 12:02.
Old 25th August 2006, 10:30

I used to drive that beast! As far as i'm aware it was used by pre 220 virgin on inter-regionals......and was probably maintained at one of their depots.....once first got hold of it, it was probably patched up on the ends.....i'm sure it's just a matter of 2 depots and 2 pots of paint of different shades! By the way 158750 was pretty tatty but was one of the quickest in the 158 fleet!
Old 8th September 2006, 08:25

Now it's made it's way down to the south west I don't get to see it anymore. I wonder if FGW will give this a repaint into the new livery. When it was in service I could always recognise it from the other 158's because of the two shades of paint, then if an ex Central unit was used there is usually green somewhere at the front.