14:22

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > Diesel & Electric > Diesel & Electric Discussion

'14 new carriages' for ATW

Old 28th August 2007, 23:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNEBEE DUBLO View Post
Hi,

I can't comment on the ATW 150s as I've never rode on one. The 150s I've been on are the Northern ones. The engines were however noisy when they were brand new.

Maybe the Pacers could be replaced with a MK2 version along the lines of the class 143/144 with bogies and more reliable sliding doors as on the class 140?
Ah yes, it seems they are being refurbished.. was on a 142 the other day with brand new seats.

They are also refurbushing/repainting the 150s they recieved from FGW, 150253 has been fully repainted and reupholstered (though the seat tops are still pink, as are all the metal bars). I was out with a friend last wednesday, and we got the 09:22 train from Fernhill to Barry Island and the lighting was absolutely horrible on a 150 - it's really, really headache inducing and disorientating when you get off into the darkness.

I went to Swanage for a break the other week, the electric trains from southampton were like a dream compared to the DMUs of south wales!

I can't complain about the 153s they are using often on the city line, which I won't be using anymore due to moving somewhere else in Cardiff.. scania articulated buses to central station from now on!