19:14

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > Diesel & Electric > Diesel & Electric Discussion

158 865

Old 11th January 2008, 13:39

158 865

I see this one has appeared on East Midlands Trains Services out of Liverpool lime Street does anyone know where it is from and if it is a transfer or onother Loan vechicle as it is an all over silver livery with Marroon ish red doors.

Alos does anyone know if 158 883 & 890 are still there or have they been sent back to SWT.

Old 17th January 2008, 12:46

When Stagecoach took over a bus company called Yorkshire Traction quite a few Yorkshire Traction buses disappeared almost overnight and were replaced by a different (not brand new) bus model painted in Stagecoach livery. I think it's unlikely that they had bought and painted second hand buses in the first few days after taking over Yorkshire Traction. I think it is likely that they removed the 'Yorkshire Traction' name from the buses and swapped them for some Stagecoach buses that were based somewhere else, possibly Derbyshire.

I think it's likely that Stagecoach have been doing the same thing with trains. Maybe the reason they've sent one to the East Midlands franchisee which isn't in Stagecoach livery is because the Liverpool to Norwich route is obviously very long and so a train used on that route must be in good working order as it can't easily be serviced as frequently as on other routes.

I've never seen a silver/grey train with maroon doors. Arriva Trains Wales have similar to that description but with blue doors.
Old 18th January 2008, 16:24

Thnks but from what i saw the othwerday and have had a little look on wilkapedia it sems that it is one of twelve transfered from FGW alphaline.

The doors seem to be a cross match between Marron and pruple as had a close ish look at 158 864 the other day in Lime street.

But do hope to get a ride on one of these before the end of next week as iam hopping that one will turn up on the 19.12 from HUNTS CROSS or i mauy just buy a return to Widnes from Hough Green if i sopt one in the mean time.