12:25

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > Diesel & Electric > Diesel & Electric Discussion

Class 151s

Old 21st August 2007, 13:17

And it's quite a long way to go from Huddersfield to Chesire to use a computer, I was under the impression that they have computers on the wrong side of the Pennines as well (no offence to anyone from the White Rose county, just a little joke!).

Old 22nd August 2007, 15:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisstrains View Post
They shouldn't be too hard to contact as they often use a computer with the same IP Address as yours.
That'll be the external IP address of the main firewall. Normally located in the same building / complex as all the clients, though they may all have VPNs (virtual private networks) to a central point, and hide behind that external interface...

Go to www.dnsstuff.com and put the IP address into the "WhoIS lookup" field.

signol [works in network support ]
Old 22nd August 2007, 15:32

Thanks for that "signol"
I've no intention of carrying out a witchhunt but just for curiosity I did try what you suggested and it said that I needed to subscribe to use the facility.
Old 7th September 2007, 09:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisstrains View Post
Why don't you ask "tkboomer2" and "dlh1983" if they know the answer to your query? They appear to be quite knowledgeable about trains in your area.
They shouldn't be too hard to contact as they often use a computer with the same IP Address as yours.
I don’t know anyone else who uses this forum. I won’t really describe myself as a train enthusiast but more of a rail user who cares. I live in Huddersfield but my girlfriend is a student from Frodsham, Cheshire who is studying at Huddersfield university who doesn’t have the Internet at her home address. Consequently, I sometimes use the Internet in her local library, which incidentally is where I’m accessing it from today. Although I can’t remember if I’ve posted on this forum while in Frodsham Library before.

As for knowing about the Chester to Manchester via Altrincham line, I don’t. Although some of the places on it such as Manchester Piccadilly, Stockport and Chester are obviously on other lines as well.