23:37

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > Members Area > Say Hello

Hello and trains on record

Old 12th July 2011, 16:08

Hello and trains on record

Yes hello forum members. This is my first post. I actually run a record company and collect many of the classic Argo Transacord and Staveley Makepiece of trains recordings that were made throughout the 1960s and 1970s. This month sees the release of my second train related album (the first being the music from Oliver Postgate's Ivor The Engine), and it is a series of recording made on the Sheffield to London line in 2007. Before I post up more information (which I think would be a little rude on a first posting) I'm just wondering if anyone on this forum is actually interested in hearing any more information about it. I think it first nicely into the history of trains on vinyl.

Old 12th July 2011, 16:44

Any connection to Bagpuss and The Clangers with an oscar winning sound recordist added for good measure must be worth listening to.
Holding my breath in anticipation.
Old 12th July 2011, 17:43

Well it all started with a Deltics LP. And then more Argo classics, especially the Steam Railroading Under Thundering Skies, which has just gone up on iTunes.
But the lastest LP I have issued is Buffet Car Announcements. Bearing in mind there are no buffet cars left (so I've recently read) I thought this was quite intersting. You can read about it here:

http://www.trunkrecords.com/turntabl...ecording.shtml