17:00

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > News and General Discussion > Railway News from around the World

Vandals attempts to derail trains (BBC News)

Old 22nd September 2008, 19:02

Vandals attempts to derail trains (BBC News)

Rail police condemn vandals who make repeated attempts to derail trains in Leeds

More from BBC News...

Old 25th September 2008, 22:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by RF News View Post
Rail police condemn vandals who make repeated attempts to derail trains in Leeds

More from BBC News...
Instead of condemming them, why don't they use a mini-helicopter fitted with a camera like has been done elsewhere?
Old 25th September 2008, 22:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramleyman View Post
Instead of condemming them, why don't they use a mini-helicopter fitted with a camera like has been done elsewhere?
Why don't they use a fullsize helicopter fitted with a machine gun?

I wish they wouldn't refer to them as "vandals"..........it makes them sound like naughty little boys instead of potential murderers.
Old 25th September 2008, 23:16

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisstrains View Post
Why don't they use a fullsize helicopter fitted with a machine gun?

I wish they wouldn't refer to them as "vandals"..........it makes them sound like naughty little boys instead of potential murderers.
Beat me to it John. I hate these people, they are braindead morons who deserve being on the end of something really horrible.
I would use an Apache Helicopter with missiles. Mind you I am as far from being politically correct as you could get.
Paul.
Old 25th September 2008, 23:19
Station Manager

I wish someone would explain to me why these people should not be put away for life, not for doing it, just for even thinking about doing it.
Old 25th September 2008, 23:21

Spot on Chris. They should be treated as an enemy, because they are an enemy to all decent people.
Paul.
Old 26th September 2008, 01:35

Maybe we should ressurect dastardly Dick or whatever his name was who regularly would tie Pearl White to the tracks only for her to be rescued in the nick of time by the hero of the week. Only perhaps he could tie down one or two of these people(?) and the hero could be just too late to prevent the thug/vandal from proving that bodies do not derail trains. Only need a couple for the message to be remembered. On the other hand perhaps they should just get clipped by the train which would drive the message home. I have not of course forgotten the effects upon the drivers who see all these things and have to deal with thoughts of coming off the track and even worse.
John.
Old 26th September 2008, 09:29
Registered Member

If these potential murderers are caught and convicted the chances are that state funded defence lawyers, probation experts and social workers will appeal for a sensible punishment such as a small fine or community service.
If you robbed a bank and got caught even if nobody was injured the courts would put you in prison for a few years.
Old 26th September 2008, 09:53

lock em up and throw away the key

I have just had a great weekend at a preserved railway .I rose early in the morning for a run and on the track were several sandbags bricks etc ,in the adjoining car park these morons had placed sandbags underneath peoples windscreen wipers and all over the tops of the cars there .Previous to that a peak had been broken into and most of the wiring severed.Tar and feathering is to good for these brainless prats .All the good work folk had done for this weekend marred by them.
Old 26th September 2008, 10:03

I would use an Apache Helicopter with missiles. Mind you I am as far from being politically correct as you could get.
Paul.[/QUOTE]

I see where you are coming from on this,

But surely using a missile would blow the track to kingdom come.

What the railway needs is bobbies boots on the ground in known hotspots and catch the vermin in the act and then lock them up and throw the bloody key away.

This country is far to lienient on crime. Its high time that the law showed that 'WE' the law abiding people of this country, have had enough and start to deal out sentances that meet the crime.

Les