21:33

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > General Railway Discussion > Passenger Operations and Observations

NR's East Sussex resignalling scheme

Old 1st October 2013, 20:10

NR's East Sussex resignalling scheme

Hi all.

I read in one of the magazines that Network Rail is to undertake the East Sussex Resignalling Phase 1 from November this year, which will apparantly see the replacement of all remaining semaphore signals between Brighton & Hastings. Does anyone know any more details and the program of works if possible? It would be interesting as this is my neck of the woods!

Thanks

Tony

Old 10th October 2013, 09:39

I don't know any details of this program but, by coincidence, I was in Bexhill and Hastings over the weekend. It was delightful to see semaphore signals still in use (though I don't know if the box at Bexhill had been "switched out" as they were showing permanently clear). I took a few photos which I didn't realise would become history so quickly!
Old 11th October 2013, 21:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianrail View Post
I don't know any details of this program but, by coincidence, I was in Bexhill and Hastings over the weekend. It was delightful to see semaphore signals still in use (though I don't know if the box at Bexhill had been "switched out" as they were showing permanently clear). I took a few photos which I didn't realise would become history so quickly!
Thanks Ian. I think Bexhill 'box can be switched out, so that was probably the case. I took a few pictures of the semaphores at Hastings, Bexhill & Pevensey & Westham stations in February 2011 (posted in the gallery), but will definitely try to get a few more shots of the remaining semaphores in the coming weeks.

Tony