18:49

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > Railway Modelling > Railway Modelling

It would be nice

Old 16th November 2005, 22:24

It would be nice

It would be nice to see pics in the gallery of your layouts.

Old 16th November 2005, 22:51
Fat Controller

or they can be left here in the forum as an attachment
Old 17th November 2005, 10:27
Station Manager

I am new to model railways but have set up an N gauge layout on a 6ft X 3ft 3 inch board. I am not very up on the wiring but the trains all run on all the tracks. I enjoy the modeling side of it and have about 75 photos of work as I have got on with it. I will post 1 or 2 for you in the Gallery.
Syd
Old 17th November 2005, 10:41
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSY011
I am new to model railways but have set up an N gauge layout on a 6ft X 3ft 3 inch board. I am not very up on the wiring but the trains all run on all the tracks. I enjoy the modeling side of it and have about 75 photos of work as I have got on with it. I will post 1 or 2 for you in the Gallery.
Syd
Thanks Syd, looks a nice layout. I've moved your photos into the model railway gallery category (you get a personal gallery anyway no matter what category they are uploaded to).

cheers
Andy
Old 17th November 2005, 12:41

How long as it taken you to get that far. It looks very impressive to say you are new to model railways. If you require any n gauge bits on the cheep take a look on eBay. I have purchased some things on eBay and have been impressed with what I have purchased. It is also good for selling bits that you no longer need. As it happens :-) I’m selling and going to sell some N Gauge items, I have 2 N Gauge RH points somewhere if anyone could make use of them, yes a freebee :-) , and this is the link for the N Gauge items on EBay. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/N-gauge-trucks...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 17th November 2005, 16:35

I'll see what photos I can get - My layout is currently blocked off effectively th amount of boxes my parents have got in the roof!!!

Ben
Old 17th November 2005, 20:20
Station Manager

I first started years ago when I was still a young man. I had an 8ft X 4ft layout in N gauge with very little on it apart from a station and a loco shed. Then along came a baby and the model had to go as we were skint. In Sept of 2004 my wife bought me 2 starter kits when we were on holiday in Cornwall. That started it all again. I set up a small board but was never happy with it. So I scrapt it and started the presant one in about June of this year. As you can see from the photos it is sited on my daughters bed (she having left home some 11 years ago) and so I can do a bit of work on it at any time I feel like it. I have taken photos of the work almost from the start. The board is 6mm MDF on a frame of 2 x 1 with 3 cross brace bars across the width. Having tried to ballast the track by hand at first I made such a hash of it that I thought to hell with the cost, I was going to use Gaugemaster N Underlay. What a improvment that was. I have also used natural things where ever I could. So the rocks, moss, twiggs etc that I found in the garden and the slate from next door have all found their way on to my layout. I have also used most oh the Hornby N gauge buildings and Woodland Scenics trees. I will add mor photos of early work if you wish, but as I have over 80 photos I will have to pick out the big changes to post if you want them. If you have Broardband then I could send them stright to you.
Syd
Old 21st November 2005, 23:31

Just had a look at your pics Syd. Very impressive! I'm hoping to get an N gauge starter set for Christmas. I already have a Farish 08 which I bought around 20 years ago(!). I'm looking to construct a small continuous run layout based on a design in 'Model Railway Enthusiast' from a few years ago. Basically, the oval is divided by a diagonal backscene so it should be possible to have say a country scene and an industrial scene. And by 'small', I do mean small...no more than three and a half foot by two foot. I just don't have very much space......until the kids leave home!
Old 22nd November 2005, 20:10
Station Manager

Hi Trev
Glad you like my layout. It is not modelled on anywhere, but just sort of set its self. Looking at the photos I have taken since I started, it has changed a lot. At one time the farm was going to be behind the shed, and the town would have been where the farm now is. I also started off with starter kits, although in my case my wife bought me two.
I spend as much time on it as I can without upsetting the wife, but in my case it is in my daughter’s old bedroom on her bed, with an old blanket under to save any spills onto the bed covers. I find that if I sit and look at it for long enough, I get ideas as to how I can improve things. Like the water trough in the cattle field would look better if a cow was taking a drink. I was working on some white metal bicycles when I broke the wheel off of one. So I changed it from a nice new bike to an old rusty one with a repaint job and put it with the wheel into the yard of one of the homes.
I have 7 Locos: 1) 7004 Eastnor Castle. 2) 44143 F4. 3) 5136 Prairie. 4) 9436 Pannier tank. 5) 3f Jinty. 6) 68006 Austerity Saddletank. And 7) 1466 a 0-4-2 tank.
I will be getting the new Dapol M4 when it is released. With 9 coaches and 32 goods wagons, I have enough for a little while.
DSY011
Old 21st December 2005, 19:34

Re: Pics

If you care to look at my small layout (modern image - BR blue period) then please visit: http://davidpotter6834.fotopic.net/