18:36

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > General Railway Discussion > Passenger Operations and Observations

TPX Manchester Aitrport-Edinburgh/Glasgow

Old 16th December 2007, 11:51

TPX Manchester Aitrport-Edinburgh/Glasgow

I had a look at the timetable last week, have to say I was impressed that there is one every hour. Also I they are stopping at places like Salford Crescent. Anyone done a Scottish run on a 185 yet?

Old 17th December 2007, 14:15

Just had a quick look at that timetable. There only seems to be one every two hours from Manchester to Edinburgh or Glasgow which usually in the slot which the Manchester Airport to Windermere service used to have.

TP Express have listed the Glasgow to Birmingham and London in their timetable which may be why you think it's a more frequent service.
Old 21st December 2007, 09:49

You obviously didn't notice what I posted under the "General Discussion and News" section of this forum a few weeks ago.

Prior to Dec 8th over a two hour off-peak period there were two trains from Manchester Airport to Blackpool, one train to Barrow-in-Furness and one train to Windermere. There was also a train to Glasgow or Edinburgh every two hours starting and terminating at Manchester Piccadilly run by Virgin.

Now the Blackpool and Barrow-in-Furness service remain unaffected. The trains to Scotland run at the same frequency from Piccadilly but start and terminate at the Airport and run to a different time pattern. However, the Windermere to Manchester Airport service is now practically non-existent. This means that although Scotland trains are calling at Oxford Road, Salford Crescent and Chorley, those stations are getting the same number of trains to Manchester Airport and Preston as before Dec 8th.
Old 21st December 2007, 10:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkboomer2 View Post
You obviously didn't notice what I posted under the "General Discussion and News" section of this forum a few weeks ago.
"hstudent" also said something very similar