13:53

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > General Railway Discussion > Narrow Gauge

LEGO Cuusoo - Narrow Gauge Steam Engine

Old 1st March 2013, 18:52

LEGO Cuusoo - Narrow Gauge Steam Engine

I thought might be something that would be of interest to you guys. If I've posted it in the wrong place, apologies and if it could be moved I would be grateful.

LEGO Cuusoo is crowd funding platform where anyone can upload ideas for new LEGO Sets and the community votes on them. Those with 10,000 votes are consider by LEGO to be made into official sets, previous sets made by LEGO include Minecraft Set and the Back to the Future DeLorean. With that in mind, may I introduce you to;

The Narrow Gauge Steam Engine

Image 1

This Little Engine, named 'Lord Basil' adorns the colours of 'The Kingdom and Cuusoo Railway', Dark Red and Pearl Gold which ooze the elegance and luxury needed to entice passengers to ride this miniature railway. It's loosely based on the iconic miniature engine 'Talyllyn' (As if you guys didn't already know), which still runs today, high in the hills of West Wales on The Talyllyn Railway, the worlds first preserved railway. A LEGO set produced to honour this fact would be a fantastic tribute to a railway that began a tradition of preserving history for generations the world over to enjoy and experience. The actual engine on which it is based is also famous, as it's the inspiration for the character of 'Skarloey' from 'Thomas & Friends", and the Little Engines series of books by Rev. W. Awdry.The television series models of Skarloey and the rolling stock actually aided in understanding the best way to downscale and truncate the original Talyllyn engine. The carriages are also based on stock running on the Talyllyn Railway. For more information on the railway and the engine on which it's based, check out the Talyllyn Railway website.

Image 2

Image 3

Heres an image of it next LEGO's magnificent Emerald Night, to appreciate the scale of the model. The entire 3-piece train is a tad longer than just the Emerald Night's Engine section!

Image 4

This project's Flickr Album, which will have more images of this set, and other sets as they arrive. I'll be updating my twitter feed @Concore with any news or info about the project as it progresses.

If you liked this project, Thank You! and be sure to Support it and tell your friends about it. You can tweet about it on Twitter, and 'Like' it on Facebook using the links under the 'SUPPORT' button on the LEGO Cuusoo Page!

Be sure to check back in with this project every once in a while as I aim for this project to grow as it gains more support, including more engines and rolling stock, as well as railway furniture to accompany it.

Tags
cuusoo, gauge, lego, narrow, talyllyn