20:56

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > General Railway Discussion > Passenger Operations and Observations

National Express East Anglia

Old 25th July 2008, 11:40

National Express East Anglia

Hi just im wonderin if this operator possibly has the widest varety of liveries and obsolete names- 'one' obviously but also still anglia, great eastern and west anglia brands can be seen. Does anyone know if there are plans to atleast paint up all trains not in 'one' livery into national express livery, and will the white stripe be extended to all trains in the meantime? Seems funny work has concentrated on trains painted into 'one' livery quite recently. And will the remaining rainbow stripes on the turbostars and class 156s/153s be removed shortly? at the moment it seems quite a mess of brand identity.

Last edited by lansley; 25th July 2008 at 11:43.
Old 25th July 2008, 21:28

Welcome Lansley.
An interesting detailed question about East Anglia for someone from Hants !!
Did you live there, or have other connections with the trains in that area?
Old 26th July 2008, 22:17

National Express look set to relivery the entire fleet on East Anglia eventually. All part of the plan to change the overall UK branding along with East Coast and the Coach fleet. No doubt looking at what First Group seem to be very good at and have their purple branding all over the place .
Old 27th July 2008, 23:00

I wonder if the constant changes of liveries cause the poor services as claimed by the commuters? Personally, I don't care what the livery is, just so long as the train runs okay and so gets me from a to b.
Old 28th July 2008, 08:46

actually im from west sussex! but no ive never been that way ive only been as far east as kings lyn and that was on WAGN a few years back. However i notice the wide variety of livery from magazine and web photography
Old 29th July 2008, 00:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by lansley View Post
actually im from west sussex! but no ive never been that way ive only been as far east as kings lyn and that was on WAGN a few years back. However i notice the wide variety of livery from magazine and web photography
We may well have met, as I worked for WAGN and from KLN.
Old 29th July 2008, 15:36

yeah but i was 11/12 then im now only 19 years old. But btw you were lucky to work on that route the class 365s i have very good memories of.
Old 29th July 2008, 21:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramleyman View Post
I wonder if the constant changes of liveries cause the poor services as claimed by the commuters?
Very true. I too think that now TOCs are going over the top, especially now these logos are appearing all over (like on the refurbished FGW Mk3 seats). If the trains were confortable and had to respectable livery (e.g. GNER) good enough for me.
Old 4th February 2009, 14:40

I think the Scottish Parliament, I think, has the right idea. All Scotrail trains are to be in an appropriate livery; in their case blue with a white saltire cross on the side of the leading vehicle. That way when the franchisee changes there is not an astronomical bill for re-vinyling and re-painting everything that moves. If only we english had this much common sense...
Dave.
Old 4th February 2009, 20:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by lansley View Post
yeah but i was 11/12 then im now only 19 years old. But btw you were lucky to work on that route the class 365s i have very good memories of.
I was sadly 'persuaded' to take early retirement 7 years ago last month.