21:04

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > General Railway Discussion > Passenger Operations and Observations

Problems near Piccadilly today?

Old 1st July 2008, 19:47

Problems near Piccadilly today?

I decided to pop over to Piccy and get the train home after work today since the weather was nice, and noticed that there was a huge ammount of delays and cancellations from Northern, Virgin, and First TransPennine Express, with many passengers being advised by station staff to take alternative routes via different trains etc.

The line was also spookily quiet for 5:00pm on a working day, with only a Freightliner 66 and a few local services running through 13/14 to the Airport and towards Oxford Road from what I could tell.

Anyone know anything about this or is it just me?

Old 1st July 2008, 21:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathbyteacup View Post
The line was also spookily quiet for 5:00pm on a working day, with only a Freightliner 66 and a few local services running through 13/14 to the Airport and towards Oxford Road from what I could tell.
I was onboard the 16:33 ManPicc-Crewe today, waiting at that time, but no dorrs shut or whistle, later the ATW left at 16:34 we were still not moving, 16:40 still not moving, then at 16:45 our train manager announced that there was a train stuck near Piccadilly, and we could not move until it had gone. We eventually left before 16:50 so I assumed that the problem had ceased, but it sounds like there was still some problem. Possibly on the Stockport line as we passed an EMT train that didn't appear to be going anywhere as it stayed at platform 13.
Old 1st July 2008, 23:31

And there was me thinking Eros might have actually fired something from that bow, but the wrong Piccadilly. Tut!
Old 2nd July 2008, 00:39

Yes, I apologise for the confusion, I should have said Man Picc.

@ David, that sounds like it might have been the route of the issues? Still trying to find out more.