22:36

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > News and General Discussion > Railway News from around the World

Six hurt as bus hits rail bridge (BBC News)

Old 29th July 2008, 14:06

With the greatest of respect to my fellow forum members, I have read through all of the comments, my own included, and cannot really see that we have slighted the driver at all.
If my comments, flippant as they are, have annoyed any of you who are bus drivers then I am sorry. I feel we should be a bit slower in the forum to pick up on the negative side of what we write.
If someone has any nasty comments to make about people then I am the first to react. I really cannot see the problem over this one though chaps.
Paul.

Old 29th July 2008, 17:50
SouthernSteam

Hi Paul, I am not sure if you're referring to my opening line about 'Before we all blame the driver...' regarding slights to the driver? I was referring to the general 'we' inclusive of the BBC article linked too, as well as here, and meant that the tone was perceived by me at least to be veering in the directing of 'driver error' before all the facts are known. I did not mean to pick up on any particular user of comment, I was being perhaps too general in my post!! I hope that has cleared up what I wrote anyway...if not I am getting confused and need a lie down, perhaps on the top deck.........:-)
Old 29th July 2008, 19:53

No my friend, I was most certainly not picking up on your points at all.
I was simply stating what I believe is a noticeable trend in the forum towards "having a go" at fellow members comments.
I think if you read all the comments through, you may see what I am getting at.
If I have caused you any concern, I assure you it was'nt anything that you said in your particular comment. I just felt we sometimes pick up on the rather negative side of our comments.
Paul.